I Don't Even Know Where To Start...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SacremPyrobolum
xr

I Don't Even Know Where To Start...

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 01:07

I have the basics of what I want to do planned out, mainly go through the plots (in order, Terran plot, Khaak plot, Goner plot, Treasure Hunt, Hub, HQ).

My rational for this is that the Terran, Khaak, and Goner plot will give me a good base for cash and exploration to start with and get me a bit more orientated with the universe as well as help with my reputation. Then Treasure Hunt will net me the Xperimental shuttle, and finally, the Hub plot will help me lay down the foundation for a trading empire by making me set up all the logistics necessary to build computer chips, which can be retooled to something else after the plot is completed and will lead to valuable trading and logistics management experience.

Unfortunately, I don't even know how to set up a basic trade route in a single sector, let alone a galaxy wide trade empire.

I know that I can find tutorials on Youtube and such, but in addition to that I would love to hear some advice from the community such as what scripts to download and what sectors to start trading in and on whether my stated game plan is reasonable or not.

Thank you.

EDIT: I should probably add that I am playing Albion Prelude using this ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=324236 ) mod to play the TC plots.
Last edited by SacremPyrobolum on Sat, 12. Jul 14, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 12. Jul 14, 09:39

You're aware that the given link is just a compatibility patch for X3 Rebalanced Mod ?

Besides, I'm not sure this mod is bugfree. I had many problems with it in the past, and if you want plots, you should play them in TC.

So, as usual, consider playing Litcube's Universe :)
(maybe with my X-Missions Reloaded if you want more things to do)

For informations about the game however, read the Survival Guide For AP and take a look at the wiki page about Universal Traders.
This page has also a lot of informations concerning trading.

nivalis
x3ap

Post by nivalis » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 06:22

Actually, this is pretty much what I'm doing--both things!

Very new to X in general, but some of the frustrations of Albion Prelude got to me pretty quickly, primarily the micromanagement of (even medium) fleets that is more complicated logistically than it needs to be.

So after noodling around a bit, I fixed on Litcube's as a mod that seemed designed to solve a huge portion of the issues I had.

But--I didn't feel confident enough in my empire/infrastructure building abilities to jump right in, so I set up two installs of AP, switching between the saves with the save game manager. One is straight up Litcube, no other changes. The other is AP with just a few modifications: the Bonus Pack, mainly for the SEWN, Universal Best Buys/Sells, because it was a pain to check each station in each sector all the time I wanted to find something (and Litcube's existing fix spoiled me), and the mentioned TC plots for AP mod. I ran into a few problems here and there with plots not triggering, but it wasn't anything keeping a good list of rolling saves won't ameliorate. Disabling autosave seemed to erase some of the issues I was having with plots too, for no apparent reason.

So I'm doing basically what the OP is doing. Played through the Terran plot, working on Final Fury, and once I get enough liquidity--working on building up factories and complexes. I know much changes, but I feel like getting comfortable with especially the economic side of things will help when I'm trying to take down Phanon and OCV.

...and then occasionally swapping to Litcube and the much smoother and harder experience.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”