[Script REQUEST] turrets fire continuous single-shots instead of salvos

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

swatti
x4

[Script REQUEST] turrets fire continuous single-shots instead of salvos

Post by swatti » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 17:31

When something gets in range, ALL of the able turrets fire away... If they miss, they most likely miss all shots. I want something different.

Instead of unloading all at once, start to fire one by one, IF POSSIBLE match the fire-rate with the the amount of guns to "keep it going" but if not, a 0.5sec delay between shots is quite fine.

Sometimes the AI ends up doing allmost this but "not quite"

If possible, toggle-able for each ship. If toggle-able ingame, awasome (theres allways room in the "Additional ship commands"). Needed for player ship but if possible, any player owned AI-ships too.

Why? Steady damage, improved accuracy, steady energy consumption AND cool "hail of bullets"

Bob6800
x2

Post by Bob6800 » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 20:40

you'll have to have mixed guns in your turrets, but i've found that if you put your fastest firing gun in the last slot, you'll get a nice "free fire" effect.

sm285
x4

Post by sm285 » Thu, 22. Jan 15, 06:27

I was looking for something similar to this as well. I've never understood why when manually controlling a ship's "Main" lasers, they fire erratically instead of how the turrets fire the synchronized salvos. I'd rather have the erratic, maximum rate of fire effect with a continuous stream on my AI controlled turrets that I get when I hold down my fire key on my Main laser battery.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”