X3AP: CLS and Jumpdrives

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gersidi

X3AP: CLS and Jumpdrives

Post by Gersidi » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 14:33

I have a cls mk2 setup to deliver e cells from my Spp in Antigone memorial to a space weed complex in the US next to legends home. I need a constant supply so I want to automate the fastest trip possible....

I can get the cls to jump from AM to US, but he never jumps back, he always tries to fly back. Is there a way to get the CLS to jump back and forth between the two?

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 15:40

Probably short of energy cells. Command menu doesn't control how much energy it holds, it's buried in the CLS menu.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=275928

And it's a percentage thing.... which can be problematic when dealing with different TS ships with different sized Holds.

Jumpdrive energy
If you don't change this order, the pilot will hold a Jumpdrive energy reserve of 10 percent of his cargo space. If his journeys are very short or very long, you can change his Jumpdrive energy reserve here.

Another thing that it could be is that it's selling all the cells it's carrying and is keeping nothing for itself. I can only guess what would fix that (I don't really use CLS'. tethered MK3's and CAG is really, all I've ever needed). Probably have to do the manual input thing:

Waypoints
Last step -- choose the amount of ware to transfer. Like in the previous step you have different options -- either manually input a value (also up to...), or choose from ``Full'' and ``Half cargo space'' options. While buying or selling, you cannot choose the ``Half cargo space''.
Last edited by Threesixtyci on Wed, 16. Jul 14, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 21:43

CLS2 will buy energy and jump as long as he is allowed to. Drones and mosquitos will get bought regardless of your settings.

But... and thats imo worst part of CLS... as long as he got proper rank. Otherwise they can't do anything useful.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

RayF

Post by RayF » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 21:50

going straight to the point to fix this:

Antigone memorial waypoint:
1. refuel
2. load max cargo of energy Cs

Unknown sector waypoint:
1. Unload energy Cs
2. Refuel <<----

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 09:50

I ran into that myself yesterday.
If refuel after unloading doesn't seem to be working, try changing the waypoint to "load (num) e-cells specifically. That did the trick for me.

Gersidi

Post by Gersidi » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 12:35

Thanks Ray that worked!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”