Modding TBullets (Weapon Visuals)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dyno123
x4

Modding TBullets (Weapon Visuals)

Post by Dyno123 » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 13:07

Im Trying to Import a Complete Custom Weapon including its Visuals into another Mod, and i have Problems to get the Visuals working, i will try to explain this as good as i can (English is not my natural language), or rather ask Some Questions so i maybe find the solution myself

I Wanted to import a Custom Phased Shockwave Cannon, at first i didnt even have a Visual, the Bob/Bod File in the Effect/weapons folder didnt help either (What is this file for?) until i copied the DDs Folder into the CAT. My first Question is, how the hell did the TBullet know which DDs File it has to take? Because it worked somewhat afterwards (Note: i Simply Copy + Pasted the Files from one mod into another)

So Far so good, i got a part of the Visual Working, but some is still missing and its annoying, now there are some effect Integer in the Bullet Data, Trail Effect, Impact Effect, Launch Effect, and Engine Trail (Tell me if i missed something), and if i am correct they are Linked to the effects.pck, so i looked up the the effects that i need, the first problem was, that the ID Numbers were already in use of the Mod in which i wanted to import to, so i Copy and Pasted them via Textviewer and altered the ID number to a Available one

Now these effects seem to be linked to something too, and thats the part where it becomes really Confusing for me, lets Take the Body ID, whats that? And the Lensflare ID, ive looked it up its a little bit obvious where i have to look (Lensflare.Pck ;P) but there is no Lensflare ID -1 (What does -1 mean here?), thats where i have stopped going on it took me hours figuring some things and now its getting exhausting because i really just wanna play a great game..

I hope its enough information, mfg

Update: Ive made some Progress, one initial Failure was to assign the wrong Projectile *lol*, such a Simple mistake and i didnt notice it.. -.-

Okay, now back to the Effects.Pck, i have imported everything to this point, assigned all Bullet effects to the imported Effect Entries - now im getting a CTD whenever i try to shot the turret, so i bet there are some entries missing/wrong or files missing - can anyone explain the entries of the effect file? (Note: Ive red Rogueys Tutorial but it didnt help me, maybe because i dont fully understand it)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”