[X3AP] Bankrupt Assasisine -> Boron Reputation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zäddi
x3

[X3AP] Bankrupt Assasisine -> Boron Reputation

Post by zäddi » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 14:31

Hi Everyone,

I recently startet an X3AP game as bankrupt assasine and found myself "Queen's Nemesis 99%" with the Borons. After being "Hero of the Federation" and "Company Director" I would like to rise to the highes rank with the Borons too, but how?

By buying sector maps I got to "Getsu Fune", to try and kill some Xenon in "Menelaus Paradise", but there alwasy is at least one rapid response something in the sector...

Does anyone know a method of at least geting to neutral grounds with the Borons?

Greetings,
zäddi

TycHouse
x3tc

Post by TycHouse » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 15:04

You're right about killing Xenon however you could also try Atreus Clouds (kill pirates) or any Boron sector that borders a Split one. I believe in Lore Split are Boron enemies.
It all depends on who you don't mind being enemies with.
As a general rule you can find Borons offering missions in eg Argon stations completing these will also boost your Boron rep (i've also seen Borons offering missions in Paranid stations in TC).
AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core 4.0GHz Processor
ASrock Extreme 3 R2.0 Motherboard
8Gb memory
2 x AMD HD7770 Graphics (Crossfire not enabled)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP2

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Fri, 25. Jul 14, 16:05

Border Boron sectors are where you should hang out, stay away from Core sectors, as those sectors give you 60 seconds to leave and then turn hostile. If you can dock at a trading station or an equipment station, then ganing rep for a race is easy. You just buy what they have in stock and sell it back. But it's an exploit.

To raise rep the legit way or when you can't dock to stations, I search for convoy missions that are headed thru a Border Sector of the Race I want to raise and do that convoy mission. Enemies won't spawn until, after you go thru the first Gate. Which makes finding these convoy missions that are heading the correct way harder than just finding a convoy mission to begin with.

Also, any job giver of that race, you complete, will improve your rating towards that race. And a job giver's race type are pretty, random.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Sat, 26. Jul 14, 11:36

My game is also the B.A.
The RRF in Getsu Fune has always been Argon in my game.
You can take Boron missions from Argon sectors
If i remember right the Paranid didnt like us too. Before you start sending AIs around the map make sure all Lasertowers are friendly to you.
Its a known glitch that i came across way too many times, being friendly with a race but having the LTs shooting at me or my traders.
You can't apologise to them, you dont need to shoot them (rep loss).
The way to resolve this is :
Jump in the sector where the LT is, check to make sure it is hostile then jump out and send in the sector an AI controlled ship.
You need to remain OOS.
I dont know if you need to take the AI ship in range of its scanner to *see* the hostile LT (i always do it though) then change direction and go dock it somewhere in the sector, then undock and jump out the AI ship.
When you get back in the sector the LT should be now neutral.

This workaround is NOT my find, it was suggested in these forums by a fellow player but its been quite a while and i can't recall his name to give credit.
Its a rather old post and I was looking for quite some time through dozens of posts and suggestions to find a way to workaround this, so i m just helping you save time.

zäddi
x3

Post by zäddi » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 08:55

Thank you for your help guys. I finaly was able to get to a positive ranking with the Borons in the sector Barren Shores.

And thank you for the tip with the laser towers. I was wondering if I did anything wrong, and if they would stay hostile indefinitly.

Greetings,
zäddi

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”