x3ap, coming back to the game, looking for a change

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

darnock
x3ap

x3ap, coming back to the game, looking for a change

Post by darnock » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 02:16

I'd like to use a mod this time, my last game it was really hard changing the name of all the trading ships and installing them each with gear.

Do you know a mod that fixes that?

Also whats the most popular total conversion mod?

darnock
x3ap

Post by darnock » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 04:22

anyone have any idea?

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 08:54

Kind of a wrong place to ask... but just open scrips and mods section at the top there is a sticky with list/index of mods. Total conversions are there too.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Tahlmorra
x4

Post by Tahlmorra » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 17:18

You might consider Litcube's Universe. While it's a heavy modification of the vanilla universe, enough is changed for me personally to consider it a TC. You can see all of its features on the wiki but some of the more interesting are:

OCV: a xenon race that slowly works to conquer the universe and the player must help to stop.
Phanon corp: A rival corporation that acts and builds like the player as a direct competitor
Performance improvements: This is huge. I had a battle a few days back of over 100 fighters running at over 30 FPS. This means that gigantic fleet battles are now playable at a decent framerate!
Saturn Complex Hub: Reduce complexes into a single station for neatness and performance reasons without cheating.
Bounce: Drastically reduce collisions from the AI

and a heck of a lot more!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 18:03

been looking at this myself today.
Great work by Litcube...worthy of the X4 tag along with Extended TC and the TC 4 AP mod by Dilpickle.(in my sig)

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sun, 27. Jul 14, 21:56

Can you imagine what would happen if several of the most talented coders on these forums got together and launched there own Indie software company doing space sims.

I mean, look at the awesome possibilities when you give people the freedom to follow their own dreams.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”