[X3AP] M6 Boarding Range?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phoenix-it
x3tc

[X3AP] M6 Boarding Range?

Post by phoenix-it » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 13:56

Did they reduce the range or something? I'm like 500m away and my M6 just keeps tripping autopilot and won't launch the crew.
Anyone else notice how the Dovakiin & Dragons in Skyrim kinda sorta resemble the Immortals from Highlander? Every time a dragon dies I hear, "There can be only one."

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 14:17

you can launch marines from the pop-up menu..

this way you won't need to navigate through menus and trigger autopilot. the only thing you need to worry about is your position around the target and where it is heading..

you will know when you are in a good position when your marines say "Nearly in range", "Almost there" or similar phrase immediately after launching the marines.

sometimes, using this method will not launch all 8 marines.. if that happens you just need to reload.

edit: ooppss I didn't answer your question hehe

No. actually the range for spacewalk boarding is increased than what it used to be in TC.. Your ship going autopilot then twisting and turning around your target means that your ship is not in a good position when you started the boarding maneuver

phoenix-it
x3tc

Post by phoenix-it » Mon, 28. Jul 14, 15:02

Okay, that's new... thanks. I was using the old method of drilling through the menus, it wouldn't launch no matter how close I was. It might be bugged, but since people likely don't use it anymore... I tried using the quick menu several times right after using the drill down and one worked and the other didn't every time.
Anyone else notice how the Dovakiin & Dragons in Skyrim kinda sorta resemble the Immortals from Highlander? Every time a dragon dies I hear, "There can be only one."

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”