Loadouts for my OOS Fleet: AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gersidi

Loadouts for my OOS Fleet: AP

Post by Gersidi » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 15:45

Playing a vanilla ap game atm. My fleet will consist of mostly Tyrs, Tigers, and eclipses and I wanted to get your opinions on optimal loadouts for these ships for OOS and IS combat. Missiles included!

Thanks in advance!

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 16:44

OOS:

Eclipse - HEPT in main guns , PAC in turrets

Tiger - IBL in main gun and in L/R turrets, CIG on the rest

Tyr - PSP in all slots that can use it, SSC in the rest

NO MISSILES

IS:

it depends on what role you want your ships to perform..

Gersidi

Post by Gersidi » Tue, 29. Jul 14, 22:28

Thanks BHS. What about the Colossus? I always forget the carriers :P

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 08:13

the same thing.

For OOS, PPC in side and back turrest, CIG in the rest and fill it with fighters. This load out can kill an M7 when OOS

For IS battles, Mount PPC in the sides, Flaks where it can fit, the HEPT/CIG in the rest. carry extra HEPT/CIG in case you need to switch the PPC when your Colossus in swarmed by fighters.

But honestly, M1 is not good at IS combats. If you have other capital ships you might want to use them as damage dealers and leave the m1 to a far away position

try reading my guide to fleets, it may help you with your fleet endeavors. (link is in my sig)

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Loadouts for my OOS Fleet: AP

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 05:58

Gersidi wrote:Playing a vanilla ap game atm. My fleet will consist of mostly Tyrs, Tigers, and eclipses and I wanted to get your opinions on optimal loadouts for these ships for OOS and IS combat. Missiles included!

Thanks in advance!
Just in general:

OS - Heaviest and hardest hitting weapon that you can mount which doesn't require ammo. (Ammo use will become unmanageable and there are certain caveats with certain situations. Better to avoid totally in OS.) No missiles and no Mosquito intercept missiles, either. You want your ships firing weapons that will work. Range is not an issue as all combat takes place within dogfighting range.

IS - The sky's the limit, use whatever you want to use that is best for the role of your ships. Fighters on CAP need rapid firing and fast weapons. Attack ships need punch. Defending ships using CFA work well when it's paired with ion weapons, since the charge jumps amongst the flak particles and provides a debilitating shield that fighters must fly through.

Feel free to load up on missiles and Mosquitos with no problems except for some missile-spam lag if things get tense. Be advised - Friendly Fire is an issue in IS combat, but the big killer is collision damage. Launch your squadrons while you, yourself, are OS, then jump in after they've cleared the launch bays. Head OS before recalling them so they don't splatter themselves all over your shiny carrier...

Oh, and IS is where your barrages from M7's really shine... One giant F@#$-Off barrage of Shadow missiles will put a serious hurting on anything. With proximity detonation, it's almost cheating...

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Loadouts for my OOS Fleet: AP

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 31. Jul 14, 07:18

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 41#4413441
Gersidi wrote:Playing a vanilla ap game atm. My fleet will consist of mostly Tyrs, Tigers, and eclipses and I wanted to get your opinions on optimal loadouts for these ships for OOS and IS combat. Missiles included!

Thanks in advance!
Just in general for X3:TC: (AP is slightly different)

OS - Heaviest and hardest hitting weapon that you can mount which doesn't require ammo. (Ammo use will become unmanageable and there are certain caveats with certain situations. Better to avoid totally in OS.) No missiles and no Mosquito intercept missiles, either. You want your ships firing weapons that will work. Range is not an issue as all combat takes place within dogfighting range. You will obtain no tactical advantage based on weapon range in OS combat.

Speed is important to determine who gets the first shot. Keep this in mind. Also keep in mind that a ship can only fire on one target at a time in X3:TC OS combat. (In AP, turrets have individual firing priority.) This is one reason why fighter-spam, OS, could work well in certain situations, if you don't mind spending the cash.

As an example of planning for OS automated patrols, I recommend the Teladi Heavy Osprey, filled with CIGs. It's slow, but it's heavy and packs a heck of a punch. No pirates are going to one-shot it and it only has to fear a Q and higher. (I also pair them with left-over fighters and such.) But, I wouldn't use primarily in IS nor would I want it in a 1:1 situation where Xenon Qs might roam. A Q will tear up just about anything, thanks to its speed and its tremendous "alpha strike" loadout in OS combat. Even a patrol of 3 Hvy Ospreys would suffer. For Q patrols, pick a nice M2, like an Osaka, filled to the gills with nasty firepower. It can take the first volley from an OS Q and not many ships can make that boast.

IS - The sky's the limit, use whatever you want to use that is best for the role of your ships. Fighters on CAP need rapid firing and fast weapons. Attack ships need punch. Defending ships using CFA work well when it's paired with ion weapons, since the charge jumps amongst the flak particles and provides a debilitating shield that fighters must fly through.

Feel free to load up on missiles and Mosquitos with no problems except for some missile-spam lag if things get tense. Be advised - Friendly Fire is an issue in IS combat, but the big killer is collision damage. Launch your squadrons while you, yourself, are OS, then jump in after they've cleared the launch bays. Head OS before recalling them so they don't splatter themselves all over your shiny carrier...

Oh, and IS is where your barrages from M7's really shine... One giant F@#$-Off barrage of Shadow missiles will put a serious hurting on anything. With proximity detonation, it's almost cheating...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”