[X3AP] Sudden, unusual graphics oddity (models)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

phoenix-it
x3tc

[X3AP] Sudden, unusual graphics oddity (models)

Post by phoenix-it » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 13:55

I loaded up a save last night and noticed that the Teladi Shipyard and Trading Station in the sector I was in were rotated oddly. They seem to be pointed downward at about 45° towards the ecliptic, when they weren't like that before. I started going around checking and they're all like this. I created a new game to see if it was a problem with my save, but they are all like that too.

I took the following steps to fix the issue, but it still has me baffled.
  • Rebooted.
    Powered completely off and started back up.
    Removed saves from save directory and started a new game.
    Disabled all mods.
    Removed all mods.
    Verified game file integrity.
    Deleted local game content and removed the x3 directory under SteamApps.
    Deleted Egosoft folder in my documents and all temporary files from the machine.

I re-downloaded the entire game, started a new one and the issue still exists. I've never seen anything like it, is this a library issue or something? I've not installed anything else recently....
Anyone else notice how the Dovakiin & Dragons in Skyrim kinda sorta resemble the Immortals from Highlander? Every time a dragon dies I hear, "There can be only one."

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 19:05

Cleared the Virtual Store? Just a long shot.

If you can, please upload a screenshot in a named sector with a good background scene as an orientation reference to a file-host site and post the link here so that others can check it against the scene in their own X3AP universes.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

phoenix-it
x3tc

Post by phoenix-it » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 22:51

Thanks Alan,

I'm still working on the screen shots. But, I did check the directory you mentioned and there was nothing in it; even after running the game a while. Is is possible for them to be somewhere else like: c:\windows\temp or c:\users\username\local\temp?
Anyone else notice how the Dovakiin & Dragons in Skyrim kinda sorta resemble the Immortals from Highlander? Every time a dragon dies I hear, "There can be only one."

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 23:00

I would not have thought they would be elsewhere. The Virtual Store is OS-driven to a specific access location and is populated (I think) when the OS detects frequent calls of the same files - a bit like the function of an SSD or RAMDisk cache I suppose.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

phoenix-it
x3tc

Post by phoenix-it » Wed, 30. Jul 14, 23:25

Alan Phipps wrote:I would not have thought they would be elsewhere. The Virtual Store is OS-driven to a specific access location and is populated (I think) when the OS detects frequent calls of the same files - a bit like the function of an SSD or RAMDisk cache I suppose.
I'm running from a Samsung 840 Pro SSD in rapid mode (I have a UPS), so that might be why it's not using it. It doesn't superfetch either...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”