Frozen Stocks in Albion Prelude Steam Version

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eyeseeyou
x4

Frozen Stocks in Albion Prelude Steam Version

Post by Eyeseeyou » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 12:58

Hey Guys,

I don't know how many people are actually still playing Albion Prelude with X:Rebirth being available and to my knowledge also actually playable by now, but I'm just gonna take my chances and ask about my problem anyway.

I've recently started playing AP again and for the first time got myself involved in stock trading.
As long as I stuck to local markets or companies, everything was fine.
But since I was heavily grinding Yaki rep, I thought it valuable to get all Yaki corporation stocks, build what feels like a billion new stations for them and then sell.
Their stocks however, seem to be completely frozen.
It's been several ingame days now and they don't even pretend to be thinking about dropping or climbing. Same goes for Duke's, actually.
On the other hand I got hold of some Plutarch stops and there really wasn't any difference between their update frequency and those of the companies - meaning the fell and rose every other minute, just like the companies did.
But Yaki and Duke's are where they ever were and where I fear, they'll stay until oblivion.

So is this normal or did I break something?

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 13:41

I ain't no stock exchange expert, but I think that corporation stock levels are actually based on the state of the faction... Iam not sure which aspects change the stocks however.
And, as you might know, Duke's & Yaki are pirates and their trade connections are rather... Bad. So that's why the stock might stay at same level all time.
Once again I repeat, I ain't no expert on stock exchange.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 14:05

yup, this is expected.

p.s. i think more people are playing AP since XR got here...
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Fri, 1. Aug 14, 15:16

Actually... I started playing TC/AP again, because of Euro Truck Simulator 2....
Wanted more management then the simplified economy of ETS2. But... now I think I'm gonna continue with my Console Play.

As for the Stock Market, I know nothing about it. Most of my hours are in TC.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/hydra360ci/

Current game of AP, I've bought all the stock for Plasma Throwers in the Aldrin Hill area at index 250. And they haven't budged, yet. I suspect I need to up my fighter rank before the index starts moving down, being that in the game I'm still at Harmless.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”