Aran Mod Idea

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alterian
x4

Aran Mod Idea

Post by alterian » Mon, 4. Aug 14, 22:43

Hey pepz I want to add onto the Aran some weapons and a repair dock function so that then we can REALLY use it.

I am thinking of it as a Mobile HQ that repairs and defends and that's it (mostly). If I can add on to the speed so that it goes approx 90m/s or 100m/s that would be sweet as it would save using Cyrow's Supertuning Command.

If there is a mod that does that or you can help please help ^^

I mod Elderscrolls not X mostly.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Tue, 5. Aug 14, 00:15

ehhh that would defeat the purpose of the Aran, the Goners are not the most likely to create a super-fast massive ship with weapons on it. It's a rare ship that can be used in other ways, such as deploying fleets of bombers and fighters and storing missiles for said fleet, to name just one way to make use of its versatile nature.

There are more than likely other ships that can be modded/created/already exist that would satisfy your needs.

alterian
x4

Post by alterian » Tue, 5. Aug 14, 01:58

Maybe at least repairing? The Description refers to it as a construction ship?

CNR4806

Post by CNR4806 » Tue, 5. Aug 14, 04:52

alterian wrote:Maybe at least repairing? The Description refers to it as a construction ship?
Marine repairs would be sufficient in this case.

And since the Aran can dock anything smaller than an M7 in its internal hold, you can just dock a dozen or so TPs loaded with marines to boost its repair speed beyond the maximum speed of the 20 marines allowed on the ship itself.

alterian
x4

Post by alterian » Tue, 5. Aug 14, 11:09

CNR4806 wrote:Marine repairs would be sufficient in this case.

And since the Aran can dock anything smaller than an M7 in its internal hold, you can just dock a dozen or so TPs loaded with marines to boost its repair speed beyond the maximum speed of the 20 marines allowed on the ship itself.
Do I need the mod for that?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 5. Aug 14, 11:24

Marine repairs is a script by DrBullwinkle (originally by tatakau) allowing Marines to repair the ship they are on.
The docking capacities of the Aran described by CNR4806 are already present in the Vanilla game.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Wed, 6. Aug 14, 05:06

IIRC, the Aran first appeared as a mobile Factory of some sort in a reunion mod that got added into TC.

The OP's request isn't that farfetched.
-- GD

alterian
x4

Post by alterian » Sat, 9. Aug 14, 10:06

hmmmm if it is originally from a mod maybe someone could link me to the creator or advise how to make it repair? I was thinking that it would take Energy Cells, Ore, Quantum Tubes, Cloth Rimes and Silicon Wafers (etc) like the Player HQ?

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sat, 9. Aug 14, 13:28

Hello

Lucike has moded Aran here:
Aran-armament: http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... Itemid=212

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 9. Aug 14, 20:10

alterian wrote:hmmmm if it is originally from a mod maybe someone could link me to the creator or advise how to make it repair?
The Aran originally comes from the Xtended Mod for X3: Reunion. I don't know who wrote the scripts for it and whether he or she is still actively modding though. You could download the XTM and have a look through its scripts.

A basic repair function is easily written though. An example (with just one ware):

Code: Select all

Arguments
•1: carrier , Var/Ship owned by Player , 'ship to dock' 

Source Text

001   * Check, if there are ships docked to the carrier and if not, end the script
002   $ship.arr=$carrier -> get ship array from sector/ship/station
003   skip if$ship.arr
004   |return null
006   * Let the player select one ship
007   $return.index=open custom menu: title='Select a ship' description='Select a ship to repair' option array=$ship.arr
008   $ship=$ship.arr[$return.index]
010   * Check hull of ship, if it isn't damaged, end the script 
011   $hull.percent=$ship -> get hull percent
012   skip if$hull.percent < 100
013   |return null
015   * Get one hull percentage
016   $max.hull=$ship -> get max hull
017   $current.hull=$ship -> get hull
018   $one.percent=$max.hull / 100
020   while$current.hull < $max.hull
021   * Check, if Aran has ware aboard to repair ship
022   * If not, end loop
023   |skip if$carrier -> get amount of ware Hull Plating in cargo bay
024   ||break
025   * Repair one percent of the ship's hull, then wait 10 seconds
026   |$current.hull=$current.hull + $one.percent
027   |=[THIS] -> add -1 units of Hull Plating
028   |$ship ->set hull to $current.hull
029 @ |=wait 10000 ms
030   end
032   return null
Of course, you can easily increase the complexity of this script by adding more wares, adding different kinds of prerequisites (e.g. different amounts of wares are needed for different shiptypes/classes) or adding a proper interface.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”