[X3TC] ATF Vidar automatically unequipping certain weapons!?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

J-M v2.5.5
x3tc

[X3TC] ATF Vidar automatically unequipping certain weapons!?

Post by J-M v2.5.5 » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 01:05

I have 14x EMPC equipped on my ATF Vidar (the one from the Terran Conflict main plot), i.e. an EMPC in all ten main turrets, both top turrets and both bottom turrets.

However, when not piloting the Vidar and parking it in a station, the first bay of the top turret and the first bay of the bottom turret automatically unequip their EMPCs!! This bizarre event repeats even when I manually re-equip the guns and it happens both IS and OOS. The unequipping of the guns can happen as fast as twenty seconds after re-equipping them, when I'm in the same sector as the Vidar. OOS it seems to take significantly longer.

I'm running vanilla X3TC with the latest bonus pack, a vanilla-safe mod that removes adsigns and a vanilla-safe mod that colour codes freight and adds numbers to race/rank titles.

What on earth is going on? I've ruled out the possibility of a CLS2-equipped ship pulling some weird stuff because this extremely strange auto-unequipping thing happens even when the Vidar is docked to a station where none of my other ships are.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 05:17

I think this is a result of the bonus pack which uses a limited mars type weapons systems and it is disconcerting and does seem to be a bit buggy no real suggestions on a fix though.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 09:22

The turrets are probably still running the scripts they were when the ship was AI controlled. Try issuing the "none" turret order, then switching back to whatever turret command you actually want the turrets to run.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”