X3TC Is there anyway to see the yield of an asteroid after there's a mine on it ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

panacea

X3TC Is there anyway to see the yield of an asteroid after there's a mine on it ?

Post by panacea » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 13:07

I've just started the crystal phase of the Hub plot and realized my two crystal fabs aren't anywhere close to enough. I figured I'd plop down a few more silicon mines, crystal fabs, etc and link it all with the current complex.

The problem is, I don't recall the yield of the asteroid I used originally. I'm a little OCD with complexes and I like to balance out how much silicon is needed as closely as possible, only erring on the side of too much silicon. Is there anyway I can see what the original yield was for the asteroid that already has a mine on it ? Would help me in figuring out which asteroids to put additional mines on.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 13:34

Is there anyway to see the yield of an asteroid after there's a mine on it ?
No, there isn't. However, from the cycle time of a mine (which increases with a higher yield) you can back-calculate the yield. jlehtone provides the basic formulas in this topic. Or if you haven't moved the asteroids/mines yet (or know where they were located before), you could simply look at one of the asteroid tables, for example this one.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 14:17

.. or you can get into the habit of renaming a mine when you first build it to something like 'Silicon Mine L 46' etc.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 22:38

To figure out which rocks you built on, just look up the sector at Roguey's, or the Russian site.

To be honest, for the HUB Plot, there really is no such thing as too much Silicon. In my last TC game, I had every Silicon asteroid with a yield of any rating linked up in Ore Belt, and STILL needed to start mines in Barren Shores for the Chip Fabs.

Ore Belt looks reallllly strange in TC once you get into the HUB Plot, and start moving rocks around into complexes. It becomes so clean! It became a sidebar project for me to get Ore Belt all tidied up for safe flying!

In AP, Ore Belt doesn't even deserve the name!

panacea

Post by panacea » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 02:58

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up figuring it out based on which asteroids were still there in each sector I'd built a complex in. In the future I'll have the sense to rename the mines.

On a side note, did it ruin your FPS in Ore Belt to have every roid linked up in a single complex ? I've been trying to avoid turning any single sector into a megacomplex for this reason. So far I've been building a complex or two in various sectors throughout the universe.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 03:09

If you turn off the tubes you can get away with a lot more.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 16:37

As to FPS lag... I didn't note any. I don't use any sort of monitoring program or anything. My rig (see sig line) is able to take whatever I push on it, so far. I am super-sensitive to any sort of lag all on my own.

In my current AP game Antigone Memorial is my big complex sector with waaay too many ships and laser towers. It sometimes skips a tiny bit, but, I've had skirmishes with pirates in there with everything firing, and haven't had a problem like everything going slideshow on me.

I am epileptic, and believe me-- if I ever experience that sort of lag, I will immediately quit the game, and do whatever it takes to improve the rig before returning. Come to think of it, I probably should buy that other 16 gig of RAM to make sure it has the maximum overhead, now that the empire is beginning to burgeon.

If I can find that TC save game, I'll try and do a screenshot for you of that. TTD helped me out during my time doing that last year. I'd rather have the tubes than all those ships flying around... THAT gets laggy!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 16:58

Monkeyfister wrote:I probably should buy that other 16 gig of RAM to make sure it has the maximum overhead, now that the empire is beginning to burgeon.
Unless you're in the habit of running several other applications at the same time as TC, another 16Gb won't help at all--the app is 32-bit and can only use 4Gb at most.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 17:31

pjknibbs wrote:
Monkeyfister wrote:I probably should buy that other 16 gig of RAM to make sure it has the maximum overhead, now that the empire is beginning to burgeon.
Unless you're in the habit of running several other applications at the same time as TC, another 16Gb won't help at all--the app is 32-bit and can only use 4Gb at most.
^^^^^^^^^^^
With those specs you will reach engines limits LONG before you ever put all that much strain on hardware.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 18:31

Are AP/TC multi-core capable? Because if not, shunting it all to one core, and shunting as much to other cores usually improves performance for me.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 19:40

Are AP/TC multi-core capable?
No, they are not.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 06:30

Well, I appreciate the saving call on the RAM.

I was close to buying it.

Two years ago, when I built the Shuttle, 8 Gig DDR3 RAM was ~$25 per stick. Now it is over $80 per stick!

Seems to me we need to get some Silicon CAGs to the NPC Chip and Computer Complexes STAT!!!

Still might nudge it up a bit for my other apps, though... later.

Thanks, again!

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 06:32

pjknibbs wrote:
You say TC is 32-bit.

Same for Albion Prelude?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 09:00

Yes.

RayF

Post by RayF » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 14:02

most problems come from the game engine it self. One may have the best rig possible, but if the game engine is badly written and unoptimized you will always get the glitches.

Also, I do assume you have a 64bit OS there, otherwise forget all of the above posts:)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”