Missiles are too much of an I WIN button

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

unavoidablefate
x3ap

Missiles are too much of an I WIN button

Post by unavoidablefate » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 09:55

The combat in this game is amazing, but once you get enough money to buy a few missiles, it's over. Killing capital ships in an M3 becomes easy.

This makes me very sad. Every fight ends up the same way: deciding between hitting the I WIN button or having fun. :(

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 13:04

Same goes for enemy. In X3AP they will spam missiles all day. It's annoying.

paulhamm
x3

Post by paulhamm » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 14:06

Easy enough to follow the doctors orders on this and any other exploity bit you find in your game. Problem is solved.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 17:12

Pfft M3. Kill capitals in a freighter like a real man.
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Same goes for enemy. In X3AP they will spam missiles all day. It's annoying.
Yeah, but both yourself and the enemies tend to be better at shooting those missiles down in AP.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 23. Aug 14, 01:05

OniGanon wrote:Pfft M3. Kill capitals in a freighter like a real man.
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Same goes for enemy. In X3AP they will spam missiles all day. It's annoying.
Yeah, but both yourself and the enemies tend to be better at shooting those missiles down in AP.
In AP single missile shots will pretty much never go though against turrets. You need swarms to get past turrets also considering hulls in AP it's more of a money sink then IWIN button.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”