Lasertowers increase fighting rank?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Araknis
x4

Lasertowers increase fighting rank?

Post by Araknis » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 23:08

I 'm about to drop 50 or so lasertowers around the Xenon gate in Grand Exchange.
Will these things increase my fighting rank as they kill the Xenon patrols or not?
Anyone knows?

Bill Huntington
x3tc

gate blockade

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 23:33

You don't increase your fight rank from LT kills.

You can also cause yourself a lot of trouble when you use LTs at that gate. A lot of pirate use it. The LTs will attack red pirates. When they respond, all pirates including blue pirates become the enemy. Soon your pirate rating goes to hell. Then pirates in the whole TC universe will attack all your traders and bases.

There isn't a global way to make the right changes in settings. If you could change 'show as enemy if enemy to me' to NO, and leave pirates as friends, it would be okay. But you have to do it manually. 50 is too many.

When I do that kind of a gate blockade, I do it at the East Gate of X598. This takes out the J and K from the SY at Core 023, and just leaves a few Q and small ones, which you can handle without a big time gate blockade. There is little or no pirate traffic at the East Gate, but there is a lot at the North and South Gates.

Good Luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 00:14

To gain fight rank, you have to make the kill with your own ship, either via direct fire, turret fire, missile fire or by ramming. None of your AI controlled assets will ever increase your fight rank, including ships, drones, LT's, mines, or their collisions. In other words, you gotta do it yourself. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 00:26

Ok, thanks!
I dropped 80. Qs disappear in 2-3 seconds.
I lost a trader in that system and when i went to check i found at least 4 Q patrols roaming the sector and killing everything.
So i was gonna do it anyway. I was just wondering if the kills count for anything else.
I dont care about pirate rep.
They are the only ones left along with the Xenon i can shoot at. Everything else is friendly.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 02:23

1 satelite withing 10 km from the gate + 3 valhallas with defend position. NOTHING ever will get past that. If you are short of valhallas, tyrs will do the job just as well. Go terrans lol

Laser towers.... ehh... need too many and it becomes a cluster**** fast. Ships are easier to manage and in terran case they don't simply hit the hardest they are also near indestructible with those obscene shields and hulls.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”