Capping a Boa?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Capping a Boa?

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 16:18

I've heard that you can cap a TM in TC now, like Boa or Magnetar. Usually they have high morale. But I came across one with Morale of 5. Usually a target with morale of 5 will drop in one try, or two at the most. I tried 8 reloads on this one, and he did not drop, either at the first bail check or after the necessary delay. I took 8 of them all the way to 0. No bail. I wanted this one, and my Split rep was way down at the moment.

Has anyone capped a TM in TC? Is something special going on?

Thanks.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 17:00

The only way to capture a TM is using marines--I don't know where you heard that they bail, because they don't.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 17:28

Capturing TMs by boarding is also a lot less dangerous to your marines now in X3TC as they have fewer decks than they used to when they first appeared in early DVD versions.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 19:03

I've found it isn't worth the trouble of trying to cap a TM. If you lose 1 Marine it is cheaper to buy it. So I don't even try to board 'em. Maybe my Marines weren't trained all the way... I just figured it wasn't worth my trouble and time... M7 and up.... Yeah, worth it.... TM... not so much...

My 2 cents...

Oh... if you have NPC bailing they might bail if the settings are set up for it... That's probably were you heard of them bailing.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thanks

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 21:00

Thanks all!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 21:03

The only time I capped a TM was a Caravel. It was a target of opportunity in Mercenaries Rift. I was testing out M6 capping with Acinonyx and thought, why not add that Caravel to my blueprint collection? It wasn't something I could just buy at the shipyard (not that I would, with its inferior specs)

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 21:30

Jimmy C wrote:The only time I capped a TM was a Caravel. It was a target of opportunity in Mercenaries Rift. I was testing out M6 capping with Acinonyx and thought, why not add that Caravel to my blueprint collection? It wasn't something I could just buy at the shipyard (not that I would, with its inferior specs)
I'm thinking I capped two Caravel's in my previous TC game, not boarded. I can remember capping, at most, three of the five fighters before capping the TM.

Will be trying again this time around to add at least one to the collection. :D

Will also see if my memory serves.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 22:11

@ terryokc2: "I'm thinking I capped two Caravel's in my previous TC game, not boarded." - not in vanilla you didn't.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 22:17

Alan Phipps wrote:@ terryokc2: "I'm thinking I capped two Caravel's in my previous TC game, not boarded." - not in vanilla you didn't.
So I am fuzzy, then I must have had my Cobra handy while I worked on its shields. Sorry, it was some time ago. 😜

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 02:20

Even during return ship missions?

But no, TM's don't bail in Vanilla.

Boarding them in TC is a bit of a pain. 6 marines isn't much to work with, but I believe they only have 3 decks to the 4/5 of bigger ships.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”