EEMPC woes in X3TC Solved, but not without trying the right way... :D

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

terryokc2
x3tc

EEMPC woes in X3TC Solved, but not without trying the right way... :D

Post by terryokc2 » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 20:00

Very quickly...it has been 14 game days in my game and yet I still cannot purchase these lasers. None of the 3 Aldrin bases have ever shown any in stock. (Humble Merchant start) So, no Spitfyres for me.

Soooo, either I try to cap a Spitfyre with my Kestral (rolls eyes) or go without.

Or (new thought) jump in system while a Q or J is hammering m3 and m6 Aldrin ships and hope for a drop.

Anyone else have this eempc problem? Just curious.
Last edited by terryokc2 on Wed, 27. Aug 14, 01:11, edited 2 times in total.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 20:05

Usually it takes me to set a good fast ST in the Aldrin systems. After that lots of EEMPC available.

Hope that helps.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 20:35

Joe McCracken wrote:Usually it takes me to set a good fast ST in the Aldrin systems. After that lots of EEMPC available.

Hope that helps.
A sector trader? So my CLS trader, docked, with a command to buy at max for almost two days was for naught?

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 20:41

Yes.... The resources are there to make the bloody things but no-one wants to move the goods... so I help 'em out with the 'fast' ST. It also helps if he is at a higher lvl too...
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 21:25

Joe McCracken wrote:Yes.... The resources are there to make the bloody things but no-one wants to move the goods... so I help 'em out with the 'fast' ST. It also helps if he is at a higher lvl too...
I'm confuzzled just a tad, here. These are basically 3 equipment docks and there are no forges that can see or am aware of...sooo what goods need moving and from where...and to where

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 21:28

There are other 'habitats' there. they have all the required resources needed iirc....

Unless they are all gone, by the act of god...

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 21:32

Joe McCracken wrote:There are other 'habitats' there. they have all the required resources needed iirc....

Unless they are all gone, by the act of god...
Sorry...clear as mud on that one.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 22:02

Equipment docks in any location don't manufacture the goods they sell themselves. Somewhere in Aldrin are the factories that actually produce EEMPC, you just haven't found them yet. Not only are you more likely to actually get the goods there, what Joe is saying is that adding a fast Sector Trader to the system will get the factories stocked up with resources much faster than waiting for the NPCs to do it, which will get you your guns quicker.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 22:03

OK there are 2 possibilities here:

1. You have not yet found the EEMPC Forge. You need to do so and get it supplied with resources from other stations there and products shifted if the NPCs are not doing so.

2. The EEMPC Forge has already been removed by GoD (the AI) as it was not being used because nobody was supplying it nor moving products out.

You need to search Aldrin thoroughly again for the Forge and hope it is issue 1 and not 2.

This thread and this may help but contain spoilers.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 22:14

Alan Phipps wrote:OK there are 2 possibilities here:

1. You have not yet found the EEMPC Forge. You need to do so and get it supplied with resources from other stations there and products shifted if the NPCs are not doing so.

2. The EEMPC Forge has already been removed by GoD (the AI) as it was not being used because nobody was supplying it nor moving products out.

You need to search Aldrin thoroughly again for the Forge and hope it is issue 1 and not 2.

This thread and this may help but contain spoilers.
Ok guys...will have a better "look" around Aldrin. And since this time around I'm only half in in terms of days...I'll find it/them. Thank for clearing the mud for me...just don't recall finding a forge or even Roguey's site showing one, but again, might recall incorrectly.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 00:05

Have you completed the Aldrin Plot? IIRC, Aldrin is populated with a limited number of stations until the plot is completed, then it's populated with more stations. The additional sectors found when doing the plot may reveal the stations you are looking for also. But even better, upon completion, a new shipyard is revealed allowing you to buy factories.

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 00:26

ancienthighway wrote:Have you completed the Aldrin Plot? IIRC, Aldrin is populated with a limited number of stations until the plot is completed, then it's populated with more stations. The additional sectors found when doing the plot may reveal the stations you are looking for also. But even better, upon completion, a new shipyard is revealed allowing you to buy factories.
Aye....have completed the Aldrin plot and have new station in Terran Unknown Sector 1.

I have also gotten back home and hopped into game and sent two TM's out with some boys to map the two sectors...Aldrin and Aldrin 2....we shall see if the powers that be have "deleted" said forges...hopefully not. Kinda sad, if they have, since this run thru is only half as old as my other run thru (in game days) and the eq docks in that other game are full. :(

(crossing fingers)

terryokc2
x3tc

Post by terryokc2 » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 00:54

(sighs)

It appears I'm sunk for this one...I just tried "Remote Best Buy" for the EEMPC lasers on a ship I had in sector and he came back and said he couldn't find anywhere to buy them. :headbang:

Sooo...looks like I might have to...
Spoiler
Show
Add the ware to the HUB and use the line shift trick to get the lasers in stock. (just like I did for the repair lasers) Which is what I should have thought off a few days ago instead of going thru all this frustration and posting. So sorry about that guys and gals. :evil:
Sorry about dragging out this line of posting...I sometimes tend to get in a rush and don't really sit and think things out. Hope you can forgive me. But thank you for trying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”