My lasertowers going places...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Araknis
x4

My lasertowers going places...

Post by Araknis » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 14:47

.... they certainly dont stay where i dropped them.
After a game day or so, my LTs usually carefully dropped around gates are either way back from the gate or a few kms in front of it.
In systems with little to no hostile action, where i have LTs for months now they have traveled half the system and i haven't bothered to put them back on the gate.
Why is this happening?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 16:35

When you enter a system the game will move any objects it thinks might be at risk of colliding with another object. Gates have a very large collision radius, so objects near them tend to get moved a long way. If you don't want that to happen, you'll just have to stay out of sectors where you've placed your lasertower screens.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 23:03

Got it, tyvm

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 09:45

You need to put LTs as a second ring around the gate ring. Just a fair bit away so they aren't moved IS... say... about the radius of the gate itself haven't done this since... TC so I don't recall specific numbers, there should be a script that perfects this process, you can check numbers with that and go back to vanilla after.

Basically you are putting the gate around the gate... But it is seriously not the best way to blockade a gate. It's really laggy and requires obscene amount of LTs to work both OOC and IS. Just stick a few Tyr's with defend position withing 10km of a gate and they will do work of a few hundred towers and they will do it better... also they won't die lol
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 17:33

pjknibbs wrote:When you enter a system the game will move any objects it thinks might be at risk of colliding with another object. Gates have a very large collision radius, so objects near them tend to get moved a long way. If you don't want that to happen, you'll just have to stay out of sectors where you've placed your lasertower screens.
Thank you for this thread, OP!

And PJ-- thank you for answering this. I was noticing the same thing in my PHQ sector. I finally repaired and upgraded the Aran, and moved her to the HQ Sector. Next time I flew in, the LTs were everywhere! What a mess!

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 11:02

hisazul wrote:You need to put LTs as a second ring around the gate ring. Just a fair bit away so they aren't moved IS... say... about the radius of the gate itself haven't done this since... TC so I don't recall specific numbers, there should be a script that perfects this process, you can check numbers with that and go back to vanilla after.
here's the link to the "Ring of Fire"
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221915
this came from the Scripts and Modding subforum

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Tue, 2. Sep 14, 11:59

Don't forget that you can collect LTs with a freighter - just 'fly into them' and they will be stocked in your cargoy bay. This has a very positive side-effect: the LTs are insta-repaired.

It works only IS though - comparable to collecting your satellites.

In situations where I have placed a lot of LTs in charge of supporting sector defence, I jump back to that sector from time to time, collect the LTs and replace them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”