Sell Flak Artillery Array (X3AP)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sigma1987

Sell Flak Artillery Array (X3AP)

Post by sigma1987 » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 03:29

Hey folks, I accidentally bought a bunch of these (FAA), and I can't find where to sell them. Is there any way I can offload them?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 03:59

You should be able to sell them at any equipment dock or military outpost/base, whether they stock the FAAs or not.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 04:37

If you have the capacity and don't need the money, might as well keep them. Practically all CW large ships can equip them and need them.
I hope you didn't buy them above average, because they only sell at average at places that buy them.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 15:07

Yep. As said above-- you might as well keep them. You will need them soon enough for your first M7.

paulhamm
x3

Post by paulhamm » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 16:42

FAA are not that hard to source. You can always buy them for average price at EQD and MO. If you use the hub you can get traders to come sell them to you for average+1, this is a good deal. There is no reason not to sell them now for a profit. There is an exploit that allows you to sell infinite numbers of weapons, shields, and missiles not drones. Generally it is less cheatie to search for a buyer. Use the built in game encyclopedia to locate buyers/sellers for products.

Storing stuff only makes sense when you have the cash flow to support the inventory. Early game sell just about everything. I believe the only thing you need to save are a couple of missiles that are not made in factories for corp plots.

There is very little/no down side to selling them.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 4. Sep 14, 15:56

keep on to them, you will need them later on.

are you sure, paulhamm?
as far as I can remember they're only built by the Teladi and there's no equipmentdock selling them.
the time to build one is quite long.
even with my own FLAK factories it's pretty hard to keep up fitting new ships.

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Thu, 4. Sep 14, 22:38

paulhamm wrote:FAA are not that hard to source. You can always buy them for average price at EQD and MO.
This is not the case in AP (the game this thread applies to, as stated in the subject line). In the vanilla game, they can only be bought from Teladi heavy weapon complexes (never seen any NPC FAA factories in any of my playthroughs).

To the OP:
Personally, I'd hold onto them unless you're desperate for funds. Most ships bigger than an M6 use them, and when you need them is when you're likely to have a hard time finding them, if your luck is anything like mine.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 01:41

You can find a Flak Artillery Array Forge in CEO's Sprite and Profit Centre Alpha, by default.

The PCA region is at high risk of the Wrath of GoD because it's completely lacking in food and woefully insufficient in energy, so it'll be decimated if you don't fix that quickly.

Also, to be fair, Teladi Heavy Weapons Complexes are pretty common.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 03:05

Seizewell and PTNI come to mind immediately as far as Heavy Weapons Complexes. Homily of Perpetuity also. Feed as necessary.

In fact, an LT, range of 2 or 3 as desired, based at New Income or Ianamus Zura can do very will in keeping that section of Teladi space in business.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 21:41

OniGanon wrote:You can find a Flak Artillery Array Forge in CEO's Sprite and Profit Centre Alpha, by default.

The PCA region is at high risk of the Wrath of GoD because it's completely lacking in food and woefully insufficient in energy, so it'll be decimated if you don't fix that quickly.

Also, to be fair, Teladi Heavy Weapons Complexes are pretty common.

This information proved very profitable to me today. Thank you!

sigma1987

Post by sigma1987 » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 05:08

Thanks for the replies!

I ended up reverting to an earlier save because i'd accidentally sunk the majority of my money into buying some for way under average. I wish I saw this before then! Still lots of useful info. Thanks!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”