X3R Fishing

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EagleTwoThreeX
x4

X3R Fishing

Post by EagleTwoThreeX » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 06:37

So there I was trying to tow a sili mine to new coords to make a complex.

The game had been very stable, but crashed 3 times while I was trying to tow. I had set the station so no NPC's would dock, but it appears I was too late. The fourth time I tried towing, I went faster (55) and it didn't crash. I let go of the tractor beam and set autopilot to dock. That's when I saw 5 ships that were following my mine, and docked now that it had stopped.

Anyway, it was funny to see it...felt like I was fishing in space for NPC's.

Could ships trying to dock to a station while it's being towed cause a game crash?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 12:05

Well from their pilots' perspectives then docking at a moving dock could well make a crash likely! :wink:

Seriously, it seems from what you say that it does crash your game. Unless some other vanilla players give it a go and test it, we will not know if it is just your game or quite likely to happen with anyone's. If it is coded that way then I expect the devs never envisaged any likely circumstances that needed a code routine to avoid the crash.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”