[X3AP] CTDs when in IS combat - fixed by verify

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

willypokorny
x4

[X3AP] CTDs when in IS combat - fixed by verify

Post by willypokorny » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 18:32

Hi everyone,

recently I started to experience issues with the X3AP latest version. On basicaly random occasion, whenever I am engaging hostiles IS, the game tends to CTD. It's really annoying and I'd be really greatful if somebody could help me with solving the situation.

I am running X3AP 3.1 Steam version with Cheat package, Improved MK3, turret on/off hotkey, Universe banking, Trading overview and my own rebalancing mod.

Even though I do not consider myself as an advanced modder, I am pretty certain my modifications do not cause the issue because I am running them on AP for several years actually, before I had them on X3TC, again without issues.

I suspect this situation is caused by the Improved MK3 Trader, however I can't say for sure.

The game does not even generate a crash.dmp file, so unfortunately I can't provide anyone willing and able to assist me with that data.

I am looking forward for tips and answers on how to make this issue go away. I'd be greatful for any ideas any of you have.

Regards,

Vojta

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 6. Sep 14, 18:35

Please provide the information that might help us to help you. I am especially interested in your DxDiag, whether you have verified the gamefile caches for X3TC and X3AP separately, and any relevant error messages from Event Viewer (rather than dump files).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

willypokorny
x4

Post by willypokorny » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 01:11

Hi,

sorry for an uncomplete post, I am not used to having solve game performance issues via Technical Support. Thank you for relevant links.

I did not verify the gamefile caches prior to posting here, after verifying I received a report saying 59 files for AP and 1 file for TC were not verified. I will shortly try to run the game to see if it has any effect on the issue.

I will be uploading the DxDiag file after I have translated the Diagnostics part to English. In case it is not important I can post it right away, but from that part onwards it is in Czech, so I am affraid it would not be a great read for you :D

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any error messages relating to X3AP in the Event Viewer, even though I was scrolling trough the list for about half an hour. I will try to find it, in case it is actually there, and eventually post it here or send it to you via PM.

Thank you for very swift reaction, honestly I didn't expect this thread to be replied to in a matter of several days. A very pleasant surprise indeed.

Regards,

Vojta

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 7. Sep 14, 12:30

A Czech DxDiag is fine. The layout is the same in any language. The files redownloaded after the verify should hopefully fix many of your issues so you may even not need to post the DxDiag.

Please always post error messages etc here rather than by PM. They may allow other people seeing them to help you, and may even help others with similar problems when the issue is resolved. Good luck.

darqen27
x3tc

Post by darqen27 » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 20:23

Doesnt re-verifying the steam files break some of the mods. I mean it overwrites certain files which can make the game more unstable if you verify it with mods installed
- Darqen Tasquenesk

willypokorny
x4

Post by willypokorny » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 18:53

I verified the game cache, steam told me 59 files for AP were not verified, after I checked it turned out to be the files for MK3 Optimized, docking lockup fix and other scripts that overwrite the original files. After re-unpacking the mods I use I haven't experienced the previous issues.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 19:49

Good to hear it is fixed. By the sounds of it, the verify did not just replace mod files that you later reinstalled but also some missing or broken vanilla gamefile(s) too.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”