[MOD] Sidebar Extender

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 02:31

D.O.S. wrote:Sorry to say but it looks like 3.50 Beta 1 has broke this mod
I'll fix when I get some more free time. will possibly not be this weekend sadly

crackgrahamer
x3ap

Post by crackgrahamer » Tue, 13. Oct 15, 18:42

I'm no good at this modding stuff so I'm plainly asking if someone with this mod could post the base game's sidebar. Installed the mod so I could use the exploration software since Scouting all the stations is wasteful ingame and real time life, But now I have no sidebar which makes the game unplayable.
meh is understood to be a shoulder shrug.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 13. Oct 15, 18:53

Sidebar is Vanilla Content - do you use the legacy Main Manu by chance?
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 13. Oct 15, 19:36

The variants of UniTrader's own Station Leave that move Yisha on and off the skunk with the rest of the crew can break the sidebar menu, but I'm not aware of anything else that can.

crackgrahamer
x3ap

Post by crackgrahamer » Tue, 13. Oct 15, 20:17

Just to get some of the information out there I install via steam workshop and I don't use legacy Main Menu, but I do use: (listing them all)
-side bar extender
-exploration software
-Ledda Industrial Constrcution Shop
-Canteran Refinery Ship (produces reinforced metal plates)
-Innes Library Scripts
-LibMJ - MajJoker's Library Scripts
-UFO - Ultimate Fleet Overhaul
-Vanoefim's Jump Drive for Skunk (cheat version)
-Scaldis Cargo Fix
-Ledda Ship Tech Fab Fusion Reactors
-hull repair laser
-repack construction vessel
-Nonstop
-Ship Classifciation Names v2
-Black Market Seminars
-Remotely Call Crew in Space
-Player Shipyards and Enhancements (Merged Multimod)
-NPCs on your Stations!
-Trade Menu Cargo Hold Filter
-no Jump Fuel for Player Ships
-Speedy Delivery
-Show Skills
-revealthingz
-Player Shipyards
-More Crew
-Extra Builder Cargo
-Autolooter
-Boarding Options

I only chose to install side bar extension when (today) i finally actually read what the red meant for software exploration mod not working. So today is the first time I ran into this problem.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 13. Oct 15, 20:26

What version of the game are you running? UFO was never updated to the Rebirth 3.50+ Lua file registration format -- did you patch it up, or are you running the 32 bit Rebirth 2.51 version by any chance? (or is it just not working, along with the others?)

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Tue, 13. Oct 15, 21:05

Some people around steam already had the very same problem, especially in combination
with the exploration software. so far the most valuable information I think to be relevant
here is the resolution you are using for the game. sadly, if it is too small, the ui-engine will
crash trying to display the string for the exploration software (and as a result stop displaying
the sidebar). If you are able to increase the resolution you are running I suggest doing that,
else you could open up the file

Code: Select all

<X:R-path>\extensions\phipszspaceexplorationsoftware\mainmenuentriestop.txt
and find the line "name = ReadText(27041992, 1)," and replace the line with "name = 'Explore',".
That should hopefully make things work again. you don't need to worry about steam overriding
the change to that file---it will only be overridden if I update the mod, and I certainly will include
that change in another update as well :)

PS: Wow, so much help already for my mod, you guys are awesome, thanks! :)

crackgrahamer
x3ap

Post by crackgrahamer » Tue, 13. Oct 15, 22:47

-Last time UFO was updated was Feb 3rd with Xrebirth version 3.2.
--I'm playing with XR version 3.61 +hotfix for stuck mouse cursor.
-64 bit version
I disabled UFO and....
-Resolution 1280x760, changed it to 1920x1080 or whatever and I can see that vanilla side bar now.
---Just Before I changed the resolution i learned I could interact with the vanilla side bar but couldn't see it and thus couldnt get navigate it.
Didn't realize I was using a smaller resolution, so thanks.

(I reenabled UFO and it's all working to the best of my knowledge.
I was having trouble buying engines for some reason, as in I traded in mk1 for mk4 but it never installed them, so my ship would slowly drift. No matter how many engines i bought it never installed at least 1. The other components swapped fine. ---- This is probably to me changing the money i have in my file after i started/saved a new game and went a little too far or didn't change over all the money id's in the save file.)

Starting campaign over each time to test this with a new game and the mission kept glitching like plutarch never came out of the highway for me, she never activated my booster, she never turned on the screens to my ship so i couldnt see what weapon was activated, etc... but I think it's fixed now and I'll simply turn off UFO again and just not play with it if this occurs later. (Couldn't do Joint Operation mission because I had another outdated Fleet Overhaul mod on and no save before the part).

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Tue, 13. Oct 15, 23:24

always the resolution (1280 is not wide enough), why is a resolution below 1360x760 still allowed anyway? :rant:
(except for older laptops maybe)

yeah, not changing money on all occuring id's can have nasty sideeffects, but this one is new to me. you were
not by any chance using "nesa" (or any mod enabling buying stuff from mechanics while in space) ? when I had
nesa running I would always have to dock at a station to directly buy stuff from mechanics, otherwise the game
would not recognise the ship's upgrade. another possibilty would be a mod tinkering with the skunk's properties
too much, but I think none of the mods you listed do that. nonetheless, should the issue be recurring and not be
related to your changing the money you should maybe open up a thread for it. the sidebarextender is almost
100% sure not responsible for it ;) as for outdated mods in general: take a look at NZ-Wanderer's sticky
"Mods reported working with...". it's pretty accurate at which mods are useable at the moment

crackgrahamer
x3ap

Post by crackgrahamer » Wed, 14. Oct 15, 07:07

Screwing up changing Save files may have been part of it, maybe, but I found my problem... or at least honed in on 1 of 2 perpetrators.

It ends up Innes Library Scripts or LIBMJ - Madjoker's Library Scripts were conflicting with each other or just one is conflicting with engine buying. Having to save a game, unsubscribe extension(s), start game back up, test, re- or un- subscribe more extensions is boring and time consuming. Your only problem was not your problem, but a default resolution size.

People likely don't run into the problem because after you chose your engine (mk4+) you aren't likely to get a new one ever again.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 14. Oct 15, 12:25

I had no idea that low resolution would cause such a problem. I've been on a 16:10 monitor 1920x1200 since my first actual LCD panel which was 05/06 (Dell 2405FPW). Works perfectly and has more features than most today still (kids rig). I was running 19-21"CRT's for awhile before that too. It's easy to forget about the plight and mess laptop users have gone through over the years.

FWIW I still use this with the exploration mod. Great little mods.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Thu, 7. Apr 16, 07:28

Hey Phipsz:

Is it possible for this mod to hook into a custom menu MD file? Or does it only hook into the game's MainMenu MD?

I was originally adding the menus for my mod by splicing it into the MainMenu MD using the <diff><add> function, which your mod should be able to access by simply pointing to the correct section in the conversation.

However, I am experimenting with externalizing my mod's menus into its own separate MD file (it's easier for error-checking in Visual Studio, since the <diff> function doesn't trigger the XML schema check), and am wondering if there's any way to create shortcuts on the Sidebar for the various functions of my mod through your extender...

Thanks! :)

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Thu, 7. Apr 16, 11:47

Yes, of course! if in your md cue is triggered by <event_conversation_next_section section="testsection" />, you could start the cue when setting the "section" parameter of the sidebar extension to "testsection".

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Sun, 22. May 16, 16:39

I have trouble with this mod.
The status is allways off in the xtension menu.
All other mods are active,except simons lantern.
Please can someone help?

Edit : Get it.
content.xml was overwritten

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Mon, 23. May 16, 01:56

Taylor2008 wrote:I have trouble with this mod.
The status is allways off in the xtension menu.
All other mods are active,except simons lantern.
Please can someone help?

Edit : Get it.
content.xml was overwritten
Usually when things like that happen, deleting the mod folder and force Steam to redownload will fix it. :)

LordPheonix
x4

Post by LordPheonix » Tue, 19. Jul 16, 14:56

can someone explain this to me? i understand the create a new txt file part but the rest is unknown.

JDamien
xr

lol

Post by JDamien » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 17:24

I'm right there with you, I understood the Create a mainmenuEntriesTop.lua everything after that sadly is a blank. :(

AntoineS
x3tc

Post by AntoineS » Fri, 28. Apr 17, 12:58

Hi,

Where can I get this mod for an gog installation. I dont use steam

Thx.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 28. Apr 17, 14:03

AntoineS wrote:Hi,

Where can I get this mod for an gog installation. I dont use steam

Thx.