Seriously irked Boron

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

darster
x3ap

Seriously irked Boron

Post by darster » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 02:17

In a custom Terran Conflict game, I got too close to a Boron I was trailing and got busted. Not only was he upset, he turned red and came after me!

I was flying a Buster with a 1 MJ shield and two of those almost useless impulse ray emitters. He was flying some sort of souped up Buzzard armed with what appeared to be fragmentation bomb launchers. I turned tail and fled but to my consternation, he came after me with a speed of over 270 m/s to my 170. It had been some time since I last saved so I really could not afford to die right then.

He chased me round and round an Argon Titan (who ignored us both) and eventually connected with a lucky shot obliterating my shields and knocking my hull down to 35%. Somehow I got to an Argon trade station and took refuge inside the rotating section right next to the fighter docking bay. I then got out and started doing some emergency repairs. This seriously ticked of Boron ("I do not like you following me" is all he would say) continued to try to shoot me down. Lucky for me, in his zeal to do me in, he flew into the station, whack...boom. Lucky, lucky.

I have never had this happen to me in all the hours I have played this game. Has anyone else encountered this?
"That awkward moment when a zombie looking for brains runs right by you."

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 03:13

Never seen such a behavior myself. But then again, I stopped doing "Follow" missions very early after release. It just wasn't profitable.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 03:27

It's the game's way of telling you to stop doing those horrible Follow missions.

darster
x3ap

Post by darster » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 03:35

Yeah, after that incident, I decided that I really did not need the money that badly and just concentrated on taxi and asteroid scanning missions.
"That awkward moment when a zombie looking for brains runs right by you."

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 00:17

Follow missions are TOO BLOODY LONG. That's their problem, it's like an exercise in boredom. Watching an npc try to dock by repeatedly ramming into station is more exciting then any of the "follow" missions.

I had pissed off pirate kestrel chase after me into a xenon sector only to piss off xenon enough that they started ignoring me and started chasing that clown.... It got to the point of being absurd when some patrolling teladi ships started chasing xenon. And we ended up with a stupid train. Kestrel desperately trying to chase after me yet unable to drop my shields below 99% lol, xenon going crazy trying to shoot that kestrel.... and teladi chasing after xenon. Every time I turned and looked behind me it looked like a fireworks show with everyone for some reason having worst possible aim. Then I got to the gate... and kestrel obviously at that speed crashed into the gate, AI at its finest. By the time I loaded and opened map to see what happened with the rest, there was like 2 xenon ships and 1 teladi left lol.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”