X3AP shady business xenon hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mallard
x4

X3AP shady business xenon hub

Post by mallard » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 15:19

So I am playing through the shady business plot and I am up to the stage of all the ships attacking me while I am waiting for the Acinonyx to be ready.

I have docked all my ships at NPC stations so they won't be hurt, and I don't have any normal stations, but I do have the xenon hub.

1. Is it possible for the hub to be destroyed.

2. If it is possible then what is the best defence option. My most powerful ship is the centaur I am currently flying (and I only have 10 million credits). My thought would be to buy and use firestorm torpedos, but there are only so many of those.

Thanks

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 15:59

No. The Hub cannot be destroyed.. or any station that is part of a plot mission..... unless of course if the plot dictates that it can be destroyed

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 17:45

HUB can be blown up... also if it does the game will crash :P at least in AP. But you can always shut all those lovely gates off or link them to safe place like if your a terran... link it to terran space or some other god forsaken place nobody ever visits.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

mallard
x4

Post by mallard » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 14:44

Well I am finished that section now.

I loaded my centaur up with a series of different missiles and was able to defend the hub.

It also helped that I trapped an ATF taskforce (tyr, aegir, and some M6's) plus a Tokyo within the hub as well. So long as I was IS they moved to destroy the mercenary ships.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 01:34

Sweet.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Thu, 25. Sep 14, 00:10

Spoiler
Show
This questline is perfect to do at later stages of your game, when your combat rank will be high enough to spawn capital class ships and you will have assets all over the map, as well as a bunch of well trained marines.
You will have to destroy them, so why not cap them.
Apparently right now you dont have the means and you are missing a great opportunity for profitssssssssss
Also make sure to cap as many Valhallas as you can and a Colossus Hauler BEFORE you end the war.
You will not see them afterwards.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”