X3AP: Pirate bases!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gersidi

X3AP: Pirate bases!

Post by Gersidi » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 17:02

Ive only found two in my current game (1000+ hrs), in Company strength and Mines of fortune. Are there any locations out there that I am missing that are almost guaranteed to spawn them?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 17:39

Pirate bases are pretty much randomly placed, although pirate sectors seem to be more heavily favored. Rarely are they visible on a somewhat standard exploration sweep, as they are often located beyond the "circle" created by the gates.

If you have a high level CAG/CLS pilot, you could direct the ship to generate waypoints, buying space fuel. Given enough range, it should uncover every pirate base, along with a couple other goodies.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 17:45

Also, hope for a taxi mission to a Pirate Base you were unaware of.

riceygringo
x4

Post by riceygringo » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 23:13

Follow xxx missions always ends at a pirate station for me.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 02:05

ancienthighway wrote:Pirate bases are pretty much randomly placed...
Over time, as they get destroyed and new ones respawn. At the start of the game, they're all in fixed locations. Here are some of the ones I remember:

Atreus Clouds
Ore Belt
Brennan's Triumph
Priest's Pity
Bad Debt
Company Pride
Hatikvah's Faith
Mines of Fortune
Rhonkar's Clouds
Veil of Delusion
Barren Shores

I think there are 14 in all, at least, there were in TC.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 03:25

In X3TC I've had some success finding sectors that contain pirate bases by looking at the destination of any couriers that show up on my scanners. There's pretty much always been an Anarchy Port in Hatikvah's Faith in all my games.

SirDarius
x3tc

Post by SirDarius » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 10:10

In my game, one spawned in Black Hole Sun, just next to the Xenon sector gate.

It has survived a few dozens hours so far, but between the Xenon incursions and the RRF, I don't expect their pirate business to flourish.
I guess it has spawned there to replace the one in Nathan's Voyage that got destroyed pretty early.

I recommend placing Advanced Satellites in all areas of interest, there are chances new pirate bases will be detected by them and found in the encyclopedia.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sat, 4. Oct 14, 16:58

LooMankStrat's Legacy has an Anarchy Port (Pirate Base), PBG Forge, and an IBL Forge.

Danna's Chance usually has a Pirate Base and a PBG Forge(usually under Commonwealth Attack).
Antigone Memorial usually has one in the east.
Atreus' Cloud usually has one far to the east.
New Income usually has one.
Spring Of Belief.
Quiet Tides
Vestibule of Creation
Thynn's Excavation
Bright Profit
Mercenaries Rift
Lost Order
Nathan's Voyage
Void Of Opportunity

I found one in UKS east of Legend's Home-- killed a Kestral Explorer of mine. The CW killed it before I could exact revenge. It was West of the gate.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 6. Oct 14, 23:45

Monkeyfister wrote:LooMankStrat's Legacy has an Anarchy Port (Pirate Base), PBG Forge, and an IBL Forge.

Danna's Chance usually has a Pirate Base and a PBG Forge(usually under Commonwealth Attack).
Not a pirate base, a Rehabilitation Center.
Antigone Memorial usually has one in the east...
That would be a respawn, not an original.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”