Do our Traders only trade with discovered/uncovered stations?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Do our Traders only trade with discovered/uncovered stations?

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 04:50

Do our traders only go to stations we have uncovered already? Or do they trade will all the stations in a sector, even the ones not uncovered yet?

I rarely do a full exploration of a sector. I put up an Advanced Sat, and get the key stations so I can get missions. I often don't get every station. So I'm wondering. Thanks.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 05:11

I believe so, but as long as you put triplex scanners on them, they fill in the gaps on their own pretty quickly.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 05:28

The UTs even trade in sectors you have not discovered. So no to your first question.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thank you

Post by Bill Huntington » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 17:57

Thank you.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 22:46

Lone Jedi wrote:The UTs even trade in sectors you have not discovered. So no to your first question.
No, they don't. Before the blacklist manager was available, not exposing a sector was the only way to keep your UT"s out of it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 01:10

I know that if you instruct a CLS2 trader to generate waypoints to buy wares within a given range, it will find all places to buy it, whether discovered or not. Not true for selling wares though, although a buy list can be edited to sell at those stations.

I've never had a problem with spending a little bit of money to buy some M5s, equipping them with the Nav and Explorer software and sending them on their way.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”