Please help, I only want my TS's to emergency jump!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ClastMalon
x3tc

Please help, I only want my TS's to emergency jump!

Post by ClastMalon » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 12:28

I'm at the limits of what I can take here - basically, until someone can help me, I can't play the game any more.

As I'm sure people are aware, when you assign a TS to a station and set it to buy or sell ware for best price, there is no option to emergency jump when in danger, and the ship just flipping sits there until it gets blown up. UT's allow that command, but station traders don't. I upgraded all my traders to mistral super freighters with full shields, and the UT I have running about the place is always perfectly safe.

I looked through the forums and found a post by someone making a similar call for help, who was advised to get around this by using the CAG (commercial agent trader) script, which I installed, but I can't get that to work - it just sits there on idle. I've read through the forums and watched youtube video guides on how to set it up, and I can't work out what the problem is. It doesn't help that most of the links on the page are broken, and the main site hosting the script is in German.

The thing is, I'd rather not use that script at all if possible because it has far more in it than I want - the only feature I need is to have the option to emergency jump added to the standard buy or sell ware for best price command. Please, just tell me what to do, and I will do it. I am not at all fussed about the *modified* tag either because I already have that due to my use of the "rebalanced" mod - I just need a solution before my head explodes.

P.S. I also came across the Emergency Jump script, which only works on big ships WHICH ALREADY HAVE THAT OPTION IN VANILLA - how useful!

ClastMalon
x3tc

Post by ClastMalon » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 12:58

Update - CAG has started to work to an extent, but it's dumb as hell. It's set to buy energy and sell silicon; it's first action was to sell the 500 energy it had to my station (which was supposed to be reserved for the jump drive), then it slow-travelled to a solar power plant in another sector to buy the 500 cells again, then it slow travelled AGAIN to a completely different solar power plant in a different sector to fill up completely on energy cells. I'm supposed to pay this guy??? Got the jump drive set up to autojump both in the main command console menu and the CAG menu.

So, I still need help, and I still don't want to use that nutty script if I can help it at all. Thanks.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 14:39

Welcome

First I want apologize, this will not be as it extend as it should be. You should know that the pilot need to learn how use his ship, thats why he flies to and from SPP without using jump drive.
Lucike wrote:Apprentice The apprentice takes care of the goods receipt of the company, ie the purchase of goods. The apprentice's probationary period and receives no salary for this reason.

Courier The courier cares not only about receiving, but also the goods issue of the company, ie the sale of goods. In addition, he may of or to equipment docks and trading stations to buy or sell goods. It can be these stations also connected. The courier gets 20 credits per Flugmizura paid after each flight.

Supplier The supplier consults with his homeland and sector colleagues and is in constant communication with them. In addition, he buys in the current sector fight drones and will equip his ship with more speed and agility. The supplier gets 25 credits per Flugmizura paid after each flight.

Dealer The merchant takes care not only about products and resources, but also the intermediates of a complex. He can also buy and sell. In addition, he can use the modern Jump Drive technology. The dealer gets 30 credits per Flugmizura paid after each flight.

Merchant The merchant gets information about the financial position of the company and thus an evacuation of the camp by insufficient funds perform. In addition, he noted the commercial radio network and will not enter any sectors that reported by threatening enemy ships or dangerous pirates. The merchant gets 35 credits per Flugmizura paid after each flight.

Remote merchant The remote Kaufmann informed during the sale purchasing- or flight already on new trading opportunities and does this as far as possible in the current flight. In addition, he maintains his ship and flies this if necessary in a shipyard. The remote businessman gets 40 credits per Flugmizura paid after each flight.
Text above were translated wit use of google translator because I don't know deutsch.
As you see above you need to train your pilot to the rank of Dealer before he start using jump drive. You can do this by set him for station and wait or dock your ship, without pilot, in Argon trade dock in Herron's Nebula and start using CAG (if you don't get pilot with Dealer rank fire pilot and start procedure again 8)). Aww you need to specify in CAG options that pilot can use jump drive, CAG ignores options from command menu and uses his own.

Alternatively you can use Shimrods OK Traders - homebased will act like CAG, without homebase will act like Economic and Supply Dealers.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Please help, I only want my TS's to emergency jump!

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 15:16

ClastMalon wrote:I also came across the Emergency Jump script, which only works on big ships WHICH ALREADY HAVE THAT OPTION IN VANILLA
You were soooo close. The script that you were really looking for is Signal_Targeted (with Emergency Jump). That will add emergency jumping to ships that do not have it.

Villae's suggestions are also good. I personally use OK Traders rather than CAG. I also use Gnasirator's MK3 Improvement. They solve all of the problems with vanilla Universe Traders (UTs).

ClastMalon
x3tc

Post by ClastMalon » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 19:49

Sorry if my criticisms were a bit...blunt, I've been spending the best part of 2 days trying to sort this out and I'm not necessarily right, I'm just expressing what I would want in my own ideal game. I can see there is a role-playing side to it that is appealing to many.

Thanks very much for informing me of your mod Dr. Bullwinkle - I did see it before, but I don't think stupid me put it together to mean that all ships could now emergency jump.

Also, great to see the forums are still active, and people are still playing. I hadn't played this game for years and started again about a month ago. Still an excellent game, especially with all these ways to customise.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”