Xtension - profitable station locations

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Xtension - profitable station locations

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 10. Oct 14, 16:17

Playing Xtension, Iam slowly realising that credits are hard to get.

Personal trading feels boring to me, I had an Argon Lifter, I did a few routes, but thats not my thing.

Sold it and bought a Discoverer, which was a little bit more profitable.
Hunting pirates, collecting loot, and selling it.

When a Mandalay pilot bailed, I took that ship (because it feels better to fly a pirate ship than to fly the most avarage newbie scout ship).

Looting is also getting boring, as the drops are way too random, and most of ships dont drop anything at all.

Anyway, I managed to get myself 350 000 credits through buying low\selling high and then looting stuff.
I want to get a station now. Then a few more. As those can make profit without manual work.

I beg for tips for great station locations! :)
Also tell me what prices my station should sell AND buy for.
Any replies are highly apreciated :)

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 02:58

Try a Wheat farm in Boron space close to Stott mixeries. Secondary resources aren't the most profitible stations. But they give a stady income. Boron space is very safe, too. All you need is the station, two freighters (buy/sell for best price) and some money to get a TL delivering the station.

Making big buck with stations is pretty much impossible in X-Tension. But they are profitable. Ore mines in Teladi space are nice, too. Make sure you have Teladianium forges or factories close-by.

The key is selling active, i.e. have a freighter selling stuff.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 09:09

Capped and sold two pirate Orinoco ships and got around 1 500 000 credits now.
I googled a little bit and found out that a BioGas factory somewhere near Duke's Domain can do well.
Also a Quantum tube fab in Argon Prime.

Will try that wheat farm too, for sure. Thanks. I never tought of the secondary resources.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 23:59

IIRC, a solar power plant pretty much anywhere should make plenty of money (or was that X2?).
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 16:53

Thanks to the first reply, I found out that selling secondary resources to stations is the key to profit, and Iam currently building a loop of two stations in Family Pride.

The stations are Sun oil refinery and Flower farm.
There is NO nostrop oil anywhere in split system, so I guess I should be very profitable in there :)

Iam thinking of smuggling a Sun oil refinery and Flower farm through the Xenon sectors to Family Njy, where NOBODY delivers any nostrop oil because Xenons are blocking the way... :)

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 00:26

Sounds like a challenge for now, but much easier once you have your own TL and a jumpdrive. ;)
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 14:02

There is jumpdrive in Xtension? :?
You learn something new everyday. I believe that it was introduced with X2.

That should make things a lot easier...

And I capped a Bayamon yesterday, outfitteded it and started using it, instead of the old Xenon N.
But Iam starting to totally hate that Bayamon - the distance between weapon hardpoints is too annoying, I am unable to hit more than 1/4 laser shots.
Also, it takes forever to break to stop. Ill probably return back to Discoverer, that one was epic.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 17:42

Bayamon is a great ship for just flying around the universe and admiring the view, though--it has one of the most uncluttered cockpit views of any ship. So much so that I always said a Bayamon would be my first ship in X2, without realising how horribly maimed it was in that game.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 14:22

The best ship I found for fighting until later in the game was the Paranid Prometheus. It had closely spaced weaponry. The small cargo hold was its only let-down. The Boron Piranha was not bad too.

You can't loose with the wheat farm, a nice little earner.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 01:58

Xperimental shuttle and Paranid Perseus are the best fighting ships in X-T. Though the latter is rather hard to capture. ;) ;), nudge nugde

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 13:06

Cpt.Jericho wrote:Xperimental shuttle and Paranid Perseus are the best fighting ships in X-T. Though the latter is rather hard to capture. ;) ;), nudge nugde
That's why I put until later in the game. :wink: :)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 13:18

Yes, but I need great reputation with all races, high trading and combat rank, and 100 hours of playtime to unlock the perseus missions :)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 22:10

Flower farm + Sun oil refinery in Family Pride was a good choice. Makes quite a lot of profit.

Bought myself a Paranid Prometeus. Holy crap! That thing is invincible. That firepower and shielding - a combat god. No wonder they made M2s unavailable to players in Xtension, I cannot imagine how powerful would those be in player hands!

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 23:17

The Xperimental is faster and kicks the Promies ass any day of the week :p
But while I'm logged in: Bought?? I never noticed it got availible at Paranid shipyard after finnishing the plotlet.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 00:26

Cpt.Jericho wrote:The Xperimental is faster and kicks the Promies ass any day of the week :p
But while I'm logged in: Bought?? I never noticed it got availible at Paranid shipyard after finnishing the plotlet.
You're probably thinking of the Perseus. It's the one you get in the plot. The Prometheus is the stock Paranid M3 in X-Tension.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 02:46

Nanook wrote:
Cpt.Jericho wrote:The Xperimental is faster and kicks the Promies ass any day of the week :p
You're probably thinking of the Perseus. It's the one you get in the plot. The Prometheus is the stock Paranid M3 in X-Tension.
You need the former to get the the latter in that certain mission. The Xperimental is more powerful but has wider spaced weapons. I used to disable one gun if I was capturing with that, same with the Perseus with its three gun layout. The Prometheus is the best fighter before that mission. I used to have them docked on a TL and then had a choice of which one I wanted to use. I still liked using the Prometheus at times even after I got the two more powerful ships.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 03:47

Nanook wrote:You're probably thinking of the Perseus. It's the one you get in the plot. The Prometheus is the stock Paranid M3 in X-Tension.
You're right, I mixed them up. I sometimes get confused with Greek mythology. Can't tell gods (and half gods) form titans or heroes.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”