[REQUEST] Script to add pilots to player owned ships

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jonzac
x3tc

[REQUEST] Script to add pilots to player owned ships

Post by Jonzac » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 05:41

All,

I know this can be done, because the CLS scripts add a pilot to a ship based on the sector it is activated in. I was hoping that a small ship equipment for 250cr could be bought most anywhere and when activated would add a pilot to a ship.

The pilot stays even if you jump in and out, exactly like CLS does. It would help in the immersiveness for DiDs and such.

Is something like that out there, in a small script?

Thanks in advance.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 05:45

I second this question :lol:

I have often concidered installing CODEA just because I wanted pilot names :D
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 07:11

It´s not exactly what you´re asking for, but there was a script: "Bribe a pilot", that allowed you to get an already existing ship for some money including it´s pilot ( the costs weren´t balanced very well, though, irrc. and i can´t tell if the pilot used to stay in a cockpit if you´d happen to jump in and out ).

CODEA has this feature, and if you want it for immersion only you don´t have to use all the other features of it, just hire some pilots at a Military outpost, transfer the pilots via it´s console, but don´t run codea as such.
"Only fools seek power, and only the greatest fools seek it through force".

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 07:53

Thank you, I'll take a look at CODEA. Last time I remember looking at the manual, I got VERY LOST. Its a great big mod of awesomesause.

feygan
x4

Post by feygan » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 09:49

The SRS script and I believe CLS script allow you to add pilots quickly also. If you enter the menu for them and instead of setting any of the parameters simply hit the top start button. A pilot is assigned to the ship and the script starts, then simply give the ship a standby order and the pilot remains in the ship.

This is probably the easiest and fastest way I have found for adding pilots to ships if you only need to do one or two at a time. Obviously for fleet fighters etc the "add all pilots to free cockpits" method from CODEA is faster.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 11. Oct 14, 13:38

Adding a pilot is easy. Adding a pilot that is compatible with whatever script you want it for... that is a bit more complex. Furthermore, they are not all compatible with each other. Mk3 pilots, for example, are not compatible with Lucike's Pilot Union. Experience earned as an Mk3 pilot will be clobbered by starting CAG, CLS, or any Pilot-Union-compatible script on the same ship.

If you just want the pilot for role play purposes, then try feygan's CLS suggestion.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 04:52

I have started using the CLS option, which works but puts a title in front of their name. Not perfect, but I also like the idea that I pay them as well.

Not perfect, but its ok

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 12. Oct 14, 12:19

The ranks can be changed (including made blank) in the language file.

The page for Pilot Union ranks (including CLS1&2) is either 8013 or 1505. 8013 if you installed scripts directly from Lucike's web site, or 1505 if you got the scripts from the Bonus Pack.

If there is a 8013-L0xx.pck file in your addon\t folder, then use that.
  • (Where xx is your country's international dialing code. 44 for English.)

If you do not have 8013* files but you do have 0010-L0xx.pck, then use that. I think that is the language file for the bonus pack (hopefully).

How to remove titles from Pilot Union pilots
1) For example, you may find page 1505 in 0010-L044.pck. First you will want to extract the compressed .pck to 0010-L044.xml. You can use 7-zip or X3Editor 2 to extract the .pck.

2) Open the .xml file in a text editor such as Notepad++.
  • (If you use Window Notepad, be careful when you save that you do not have Word Wrap turned on. Also be sure to save with the correct extension: .xml.)

3) Find page 351505. Don't worry about the 35 prefix: that just means "page 1505 for X3TC and later".

4) Find the title(s) that your pilots get. My first guess is ID's 200-206.
  • (There are several other blocks of titles for other types of pilots)

5) Change the first ID to something that you like. You can use parentheses as comment characters. So, for example, changing ID 200 to:

Code: Select all

<t id="200">(Apprentice)</t>
...would have the effect of making Apprentice pilots have a blank title. You could simply delete the word "Apprentice" and have the same effect, but it may be helpful to you in the future to have the comment which tells you what the original title was. I hope that makes sense. :)

5) Repeat the process for the rest of the ID's in that block (ID's 200-206).

6) Save your .xml file.

7) IMPORTANT: Rename the original .pck file to, say, "0010-L044.pck.original". If you do not do this then the game will read the .pck instead of your edited .xml file.

8 ) In-game, add a pilot using CLS. If everything worked correctly, then the pilot will have no title.

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Mon, 13. Oct 14, 21:12

Awesome, thanks Dr. B!

Enterprise1959
x4

Post by Enterprise1959 » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 04:32

I put CODEA in my script an t file for AP and can't get it to work

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 18:33

Sorry, I can't help you Enterprise. I use the X Script Plugin Manager and it does it for me automatically.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”