X2 Can't drop station

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Village!diot

X2 Can't drop station

Post by Village!diot » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 05:13

My transport has the option to drop my station grayed out. I tried a different location and nothing seems to be working. Is this something normal or did I do something in the script editor that screwed the pouch?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 06:02

You need to be in sector to build stations.

Village!diot

Post by Village!diot » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 20:47

LOL Too Funny...So far everything else I have tried I don't "need to be there" but apparently this one thing you do.

I mean who would put a factory in a sector where you do not have a relay to begin with? And why is this one command so special? I have not been able yet to figure out a way to specifically place them. All I have been able to figure out is you get them close to where you want then they auto-place them pseudo randomly inside "the box". So since you can't really control it then why does it matter if I send my transport that way while I go fight pirates this way...?

Anyway thanks!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 14. Oct 14, 21:20

OOS (Out of sector, all the sectors you are currently not in) the collision avoidance is turned off, while IS (In Sector, the sector you're currently in) it is turned on. If you would be able to build a station OOS, it would easily be possible that you build it into an object and have then the station and the other object explode, once you enter that sector again. While IS you have the possibility to check, whether there are any obstacles.

As for placing the station, you can use the numpad keys 2, 4, 6 and 8 to move the station on the displayed 2-dimensional sector map up/down and left/right. 5 centers it on the currently selected target. With the Insert-key you can change the orientation of the map from the x/z-plane to the x/y-plane.

IIRC there should be a tutorial about building stations available in X2.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”