How about a Mobile Drill on a Argon Mercery?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

yu_samson
x3

How about a Mobile Drill on a Argon Mercery?

Post by yu_samson » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 17:19

Shouldn't it be possible to put a mobile drill system on an Argon Mercury? It' can carry XL containers and it's got plenty of room. How come no mentions about it? Is there something wrong with it?

-Sam

Spero
x3

Post by Spero » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 17:21

Balancing issues. That's all.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 17:21

No, you can't. The list of compatible weapons is shown in the ship information screen, and the Mobile Drilling System is not one of them. The Argonopedia shows which ships can use this.

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 17:37

I really agree the Mobile Mining laser should have been usable on the Mercury. Mainly because that's your first TS and it would allow a new player the most amount of options at game start so they didn't feel railroaded.

At the very least, the mercury Elena gave as a gift should have been 'tricked out' to be able to equip one. Making that ship quite a keeper if you worked really hard to get it repaired and outfitted.

BrokenGame
x3

Post by BrokenGame » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 19:26

Would it be too easy to progress though?

I bought the Teladi Vulture for my first TS, it equips the Mining Laser and the cargo bay is quite big.
Just required a trek to Teladi space, which took me a while first time I played...all good for he game though :)
If I were to explain, then you would know. Then I would know that you know, and you don't want to know that I know what you know because then you'd know what I know, and what I know isn't worth knowing.

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Mon, 22. Mar 04, 19:39

I don't think it would make things too easy. You still need to be able to afford the Mining laser, ore collector etc, not to mention repairs and other upgrades to get the Mercury passable.

There is no real loss of balance since the Vulture gets a much larger cargo hold, and the Demeter and Caiman both have forward firing guns and other advantages.

Seems kind of silly that the Mercury and Dolphin are the only two TS who can't mine. But I can see why in the Dolphin's class since it has that extreme cargo hold.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”