X2 plot bugs?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Village!diot

X2 plot bugs?

Post by Village!diot » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 05:40

Is there a bug in X2 where if you fail to return to complete the second mission in time that your father is not at the gonner temple? I played around and it skipped the second mission where you ferry some idiot passenger back to base and get a free cargo transport. I did it the first time but when I reloaded for a bug in the game and went back to an earlier spot I just ran around having fun for a while. then the mission was discarded and I was told go to Ban D. to do the next mission. Ban D. sends me to the temple to meet my dad and he is not there. Do I need to run around privateering some more or do I need to yet again load an old save to make this game work?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 09:07

You must be misunderstanding something--your father is missing during the entire plotline of X2, as far as I recall; you speak to the head of the Goners when you reach the temple.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 11:06

you do rescue him eventually, but I do not recall meeting him in any of the series since X2.

Reunion follows on from X2 but there are different plot lines to follow.
And in TC and AP you play as someone else ( and rescue Julian in a very brief mission within a long series of missions in TC)

With X2, I found I had to experiment with different ships , to find the best ship for me to do various stages of the plot.

Have fun...There are many features of X2 that I miss in later games.

Village!diot

Post by Village!diot » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 18:02

Thanks I will try again...the first time I docked I did try talking to a number of people in the temple but none of them were responsive. All I could say is "surrender".

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 18:05

You have to talk to Noah.

Village!diot

Post by Village!diot » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 20:00

Thanks talking to Noah worked...

So follow up question.

I totally ruined X-BTF plot and missed almost all of the cut scenes by building up a large enough economy to build a powerful ship before embarking on the plot. So I am wondering if X2 has the same issue since it skipped the second mission on me already. If I stray from the plot for a while to build up my economy and buy better ships is the story line going to drop more things?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 20:10

No you can take time out from the plot and go back to it later.
On my second play through I got myself a Centaur with gamma HEPTS it was awesome.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 22:04

As I recall I finished the X2 plot flying an M6 Dragon, so you get plenty of time to earn money. (Although the game's cutscenes do tend to get a bit confused if you're flying a ship they didn't anticipate when you arrive at that point!).

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 15. Oct 14, 22:26

That's probably true but experience tells me the Centurion was okay the cut scenes showed it in the graphics so I assume it was anticipated as a player ship.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 09:34

Oh, the ship will appear in the cutscenes fine, but that's usually the problem--the ship's course and position in the cutscene is determined by a script, so if the ship is much larger than the fighter craft the cutscene designer was expecting, things can look a bit odd. (I remember finishing the second mission in a Bayamon and having half the ship clipping through the floor in the cutscene because it was so much bigger than expected!).

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 09:56

Never had that problem PJ it all went smoothly.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 12:06

By the time I got through the final battle I had a dragon, an osprey, a bunch of M3s and about 20 stations with the associated transports. There's no hurry, although with some of the missions they'll send you messages every once in a while.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”