Are there pirate bases in Yaki Sectors TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ronin677
x3tc

Are there pirate bases in Yaki Sectors TC

Post by Ronin677 » Thu, 16. Oct 14, 23:18

Well as the title says I am wondering if there pirate station in Yaki sectors? I need missions to improve my rep with the Yaki and not sure how else to do it other than picking up pirate missions hoping the recipient is Yaki

any advice?
I think therefore I am

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 00:00

No any bases that spawn in Yaki space is doomed if you want to improve Yaki rep then take missions from their ships in the verse.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 00:51

Although not there originally, I've had pirate bases spawn in Savage Spur and Ocracoke's Storm. They were available for a bit, but eventually the Yaki had enough of them.

If you can fly into OS, build a space fuel or weed complex there. Once word gets out, CW ships will come flocking to it. Depending on your rank or desire to make friends, you can pretty much have your go at the transports, after they pick up the goods so you can recover and resell.

Paranid will strike out to clear out the Yaki so expect some battles leaving lots of salvage goods to augment your income.

The shipyard will give missions. Do enough of those and you can raise your rank to enter Weaver's Tempest, picking up more missions and trading opportunities.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 03:07

Pirates would get suprisebuttseksed if they spawned in Yaki space. Yaki are only friendly to Yaki race and player race(if rep is high enough). Pirates are... meh... too annoying and useless. If they acted as a proper race and didn't spawn hostile ships no matter what your rep is... could be fun... as it stands... the only good thing about them is that they make good pinatas since their ships are weak and they are easy to board.

Yaki shouldn't be too far off neutral standing when you start the game. Now if you blasted their ships it will be a tad bit more annoying. As stated above just shoot anything other then Yaki ships in their space. Build a space weed fac load it with resources and then set price on weed to lowest... npcs will flock and then you can shoot them until you get bored. Just build it AWAY from Yaki routes so they don't trash your station.

Or just go to border sector with paranid and go medieval on their asses. Since its Paranid... no real loss there lol.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 09:34

Your best bet for a pirate base that will help you with Yaki rep is to hope one pops up in Savage Spur. It's not a Paranid *or* a Yaki sector, so neither have any particular need to destroy a pirate base there, yet you can get missions to, say, build stations in Yaki space from people there. Once you've got some stations built in Yaki space you can start doing missions for them as usual.

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 10:45

Cheers for the tips guys.

Just to confirm that I've understood correctly I can improve my Yaki rep by;

1. Kill non Yaki in Yaki sectors to gain rep
2. Build stations in Yaki sectors to encourage non Yaki species
3. Build Stations in Yaki sectors and wait for missions to appear

Does that all sound about right?
I think therefore I am

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 10:54

Yepp.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 11:57

Ronin677 wrote: 1. Kill non Yaki in Yaki sectors to gain rep
2. Build stations in Yaki sectors to encourage non Yaki species
3. Build Stations in Yaki sectors and wait for missions to appear
1. is imo the only working option. 2. does only work if the player kills the non-Yaki-ships => it's option 1 again.
Missions do not appear at player-owned stations => 3. does not work.

As additional hints:
It is easy for players (even in very early game) to hire race-owned TLs for transport. after hiring those TLs you can order them into Ocracoke's Storm - and destroy/enter it. Both will cost you reputation with that race, but boost your rep with Yaki.

In TC you have a fair chance to find some Kha'ak-Clusters far out in Weaver's Tempest (had it in 2 of 3 games). Destroying those clusters gives a strong push for Yaki-rep.

For long term use of Weaver's Tempest it is highly recommended
- to 'park' a player-owned ship at the Weapon-factories (preventing GoD to take out the stations),
- to build up Ore-Mine, Solar Power Plant and Space Fuel-Distillery for supplying those fabs constantly with these wares. The traffic and the economical interaction with the Yaki-fabs will slowly but steadily improve your rep.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 13:37

zazie wrote: 1. is imo the only working option. 2. does only work if the player kills the non-Yaki-ships => it's option 1 again.
Missions do not appear at player-owned stations => 3. does not work.
(3) works fine so long as the station you build in Yaki sectors is one that a mission giver has asked you to build--you're right in that you can't just ransdomly build stations there and hope to get missions from them.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 16:07

Correct. Thanks for pointing it out. The TO should be warned now :)

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 16:26

If I build in Yaki sectors, will they buy from me? Just wondered if this could be a way to build rep with them
I think therefore I am

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 22:26

No you have to sell to them An ST will do the job.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”