[Official] Behind the scenes

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Mon, 16. Nov 15, 05:44

Tamina wrote:Why do Teladis call their ships like (probably since thousands of years extinct) birds from Earth; a long lost and forgotten, then found again, now lost again, planet from another race?
I believe the answer to this question can be found in phrases like 'Gangrene Chaser'. Though I've yet to come up with a good reason why anyone would want to catch gangrene, no matter their species.

A better question would be why we were given translations of the proper names for Split ships, but left with Argon designations for Teladi ones. I call fowl.

Sorry about that last bit.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 16. Nov 15, 06:25

vkerinav wrote:A better question would be why we were given translations of the proper names for Split ships, but left with Argon designations for Teladi ones.
Possibly because

1. Slimey, Green Lizardy Things are everywhere.

The fact that they're slimey and lizardy probably means no Argon has gone up to them to correct the record regarding ship names so we are stuck with Argon database designations.

Or

2. Because the Skunk is a unique prototype ship in Rebirth it has this odd computer database that does not conform to Rebirth Database Standards and so the Teladi ship records have information that is older than the highways and probaly wrong.

-- Ormac

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 16. Nov 15, 07:46

The sound question is easy to address too :D

If our computers today are good enough to simulate with stereo sound the passage of significant objects (ships, weapon fire, stations) outside our ship, they will be tomorrow. Therefore 'sound in space' doesn't need to be interpreted as really being in space unless we want to do interpret it that way.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Mon, 16. Nov 15, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 16. Nov 15, 10:53

Since radiation fades with distance squared, and you are 1m from the engine, while the sun is still millions of kms away you can imagine that a sensible engine output does more damage.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 16. Nov 15, 17:34

Ormac wrote:
vkerinav wrote:A better question would be why we were given translations of the proper names for Split ships, but left with Argon designations for Teladi ones.
Possibly because

1. Slimey, Green Lizardy Things are everywhere.

The fact that they're slimey and lizardy probably means no Argon has gone up to them to correct the record regarding ship names so we are stuck with Argon database designations.

Or

2. Because the Skunk is a unique prototype ship in Rebirth it has this odd computer database that does not conform to Rebirth Database Standards and so the Teladi ship records have information that is older than the highways and probaly wrong.

-- Ormac
Maybe Teladi names, like their personal names are long, complex and hard to spell. Thus Split "Gangrene Chaser" is OK, but no original Teladi name.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 17:18

Here is the promised second ship. It will replace the Gigurums in Devries. This is the bulk variation.

[ external image ]

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 17:31

looking good lino, those shaders adding nicely to the metallic look and feel of the textures

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 17:52

Nice! Reminds me of the Lepton and Onil :)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 17:54

Nice one! I like it more than OL one (but still both of them are waaaay better than Ugligurum).

@linolafett: Can you tell us if you plan to adress the general lack of frigates types at some point of the future? Both Balor and Stormvok are not exactly good general patrol ships.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 22:14

At the moment i do not have any additional ship building tasks. :(

nalim27
x4

Post by nalim27 » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 22:51

linolafett wrote:At the moment i do not have any additional ship building tasks. :(
So you can model and animate better human models, animations and textures now?
Hurrah! No more grandmas in space :-)
Mine rig - X4 ready :-) Windows 10 64b
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X (stock clocks 3.7GHz + 4.3GHz boost), 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM,
GPU: AMD Vega64 8 GB HBM, played on 2569x1440, Freesync2
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCI-ex

CPU before 1.7.2018: Intel Xeon E5450@3.6GHz, 8GB DDR2 800MHz RAM,

Senner

Post by Senner » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 23:22

nalim27 wrote:
linolafett wrote:At the moment i do not have any additional ship building tasks. :(
Grandmas? I thought they were the developers' faces.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 25. Nov 15, 00:01

Graphics/modelling department working on the new interface now confirmed :wink:

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 25. Nov 15, 00:09

BigBANGtheory wrote:
i would say he works on something entirely diffrent:
Spoiler
Show
flying pink Pigs confirmed ;) this also doesn't contradict current official info : P
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 25. Nov 15, 02:05

UniTrader wrote:
BigBANGtheory wrote:
i would say he works on something entirely diffrent:
Spoiler
Show
flying pink Pigs confirmed ;) this also doesn't contradict current official info : P
Spoiler
Show
After we see PIGSSS IN SPAAACE I think we need some toasters. Unless kitchen appliances are considered ships.
-- Ormac

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 25. Nov 15, 18:27

Well I understand that making a frigate is several order of magnitude bigger task than making M-size transport.

I just hope you (Egosoft) will notice a big gap that need filling, post 4.0 (I was very dissapointed that there was no Teladi frigate in TO, nor Xenon Q in 4.0).

Walton Simons

Post by Walton Simons » Sun, 29. Nov 15, 15:40

Fully agree with this.Instead of adding even more trading and mining ships throughout the patches would have been nice to have more frigates.
Stromvok is just a poor man "let's glue some guns on a freighter" frigate and Balor would be quite useful if AI wasn't so stupid with it.
I would say this game doesn't even have a proper frigate class.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 29. Nov 15, 22:05

nalim27 wrote:

Well, not just that.. There is no diversity in Human space. They're all White Folk.
Not one Asian, Arab, African Human.
What? Are they deftly allergic to space?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 29. Nov 15, 23:03

..deleted by author
Last edited by BigBANGtheory on Mon, 30. Nov 15, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 00:52

BTW, has anyone noticed that on-station Teladi, when sitting, are significantly bigger than the humans sitting next to them?.. if standing they shrink to be about 2/3 human height
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”