[Official] Behind the scenes

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 25. Nov 15, 18:27

linolafett wrote:At the moment i do not have any additional ship building tasks. :(
Well I understand that making a frigate is several order of magnitude bigger task than making M-size transport.

I just hope you (Egosoft) will notice a big gap that need filling, post 4.0 (I was very dissapointed that there was no Teladi frigate in TO, nor Xenon Q in 4.0).

Walton Simons

Post by Walton Simons » Sun, 29. Nov 15, 15:40

Fully agree with this.Instead of adding even more trading and mining ships throughout the patches would have been nice to have more frigates.
Stromvok is just a poor man "let's glue some guns on a freighter" frigate and Balor would be quite useful if AI wasn't so stupid with it.
I would say this game doesn't even have a proper frigate class.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 29. Nov 15, 22:05

nalim27 wrote:
linolafett wrote:At the moment i do not have any additional ship building tasks. :(
So you can model and animate better human models, animations and textures now?
Hurrah! No more grandmas in space :-)

Well, not just that.. There is no diversity in Human space. They're all White Folk.
Not one Asian, Arab, African Human.
What? Are they deftly allergic to space?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 29. Nov 15, 23:03

..deleted by author
Last edited by BigBANGtheory on Mon, 30. Nov 15, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 00:52

BTW, has anyone noticed that on-station Teladi, when sitting, are significantly bigger than the humans sitting next to them?.. if standing they shrink to be about 2/3 human height
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 00:54

i think thats because their Legs are shorter, but their Head+Body is higher than the average human
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 04:06

Nah; take a look at the proportions in-game..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 18:03

spankahontis wrote:
nalim27 wrote:

Well, not just that.. There is no diversity in Human space. They're all White Folk.
Be aware that according to X-Universe story the year is what 3000 AD or 4000 AD someting. People in Sol were after apocalypse grade Terraformer invasion, while Argons are descendants of about 50k surviving colonist outside of Sol. To me it's pretty obvious that they would be racialy homogenical, at least Argons.

Terrans too, but maybe to a lesser extend considering they had unified society in Sol that had about 500-1000 years to mix and blend into one "space human" race. Yet I think that they could have some more racial diversity on Earth planetside as there might still be greate number of people who live on their home continents (e.g. Asians, African, Caucasian)

EDIT: Additionally "grannies in space" might not be the stupid idea. Both Argons and Terrans have enough medical knowledge to easily extend human life probably to 150. I think that it might be that pernament long term living in space might have negative impact on fertility and maybe genetic defects at later generations (e.g Reivers might be to some part the victims of that).
If that is the reality then it would be most obvious that most people would spend their early life planetside till they make offspring and then when they have like grandchildren raised then go for the space adventure in the space (they would call it the 80s crisis :), just like currently most people have 40s crisis :) )

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 20:42

80s mid-life crisis...I like that :D

I think that whilst a blurring of skin tones in the distant futute could be rationalised, it may not be to everyone's enjoyment and there were distinct skin colour differences in the previous games.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 21:05

Wasn't most Argons in X2 and X3 more or less brown (aka projected "all races blend togerther")? I think that it was X3:TC and X3:AP that added white humans (mostly Terrans) to universe.

This would fit my theory, but it might be as well my imagination.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 21:15

You could well be right as I can only remember the variety, rather than the factions.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 30. Nov 15, 23:24

mr.WHO wrote:
spankahontis wrote:
nalim27 wrote:

Be aware that according to X-Universe story the year is what 3000 AD or 4000 AD someting. People in Sol were after apocalypse grade Terraformer invasion, while Argons are descendants of about 50k surviving colonist outside of Sol. To me it's pretty obvious that they would be racialy homogenical, at least Argons.

Terrans too, but maybe to a lesser extend considering they had unified society in Sol that had about 500-1000 years to mix and blend into one "space human" race. Yet I think that they could have some more racial diversity on Earth planetside as there might still be greate number of people who live on their home continents (e.g. Asians, African, Caucasian)

EDIT: Additionally "grannies in space" might not be the stupid idea. Both Argons and Terrans have enough medical knowledge to easily extend human life probably to 150. I think that it might be that pernament long term living in space might have negative impact on fertility and maybe genetic defects at later generations (e.g Reivers might be to some part the victims of that).
If that is the reality then it would be most obvious that most people would spend their early life planetside till they make offspring and then when they have like grandchildren raised then go for the space adventure in the space (they would call it the 80s crisis :), just like currently most people have 40s crisis :) )

Well to look at it from a scientific standpoint, the amount of Melanin in the skin deals with skin colour.
On Space Stations, they're not getting enough sunlight, perhaps that encourages a darker skin tone?

But not everyone comes from space, there are colonies on planets that are close to the Sun, some hotter than Earth, others cooler than Earth.. So I think that there would still be room for diversity.

I agree a lack of gravity effects everything from blood circulation to muscle mass, but they have artificial gravity on stations (How Egosoft will explain the Science-fiction for that?).

But also, you're right.. There was other races in Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.. The Pilot that flew the 'Exterminator' during the 'Operation Final Fight' you follow him to the secret Military Sector.. He was Black.

I talked to Lino shortly after the Teladi Outpost was in beta stages about the lack of diversity in the Teladi and his response was welcoming and surprisingly fast; just a week after we had that conversation Teladi with different colour scales and heights etc. were added to update patches.
Was happy they listened then, I hope the same for Argon/Terran.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 07:13

I thought the Podketnev Generators briefly explained the magic gravity.

Regarding life span during X3 I think 120 years was considered average (maybe for adventurous youthful Argon) given some other science fiction with enhanced medical technologies the idea of a properly managed life span of centuries is not implausible.

-- Ormac

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 18:15

@spankahontis:
Humans living on the space station would get more pale, not more dark.

However you have a good point as Argon Federation has a range of colonized planets with a diffrent distance to their sun. Most habitable planets would be at the same distance-to-star output ratio as too much difference would cause too extreme climate to make it suitable for colonization. However this would still work between planetary continents, just like on Earth.

However I'm not sure if 1'000 years would be enough to make a racial differentiation. You have to be aware that race is something more than a skin color - African without the sun will not shuddenly turn White and even heavily taned Asian will still be diffrent than Black.
There is even some diffrence between African Black and Australian Black as there is a noticable diffrence between Chinese and Japanese despite geographical proximity.

To make it even more interesting I read that plants would have different color depending on the star type (e.g. plants living under red dwarf would not be green, but blue and some type of the start would hypoteticaly even support black plants, but such stars are too short-living for eveolution to develop plants).
Evolution wise (after 10 or 20k years of living) I wouldn't be suprise to see new human races not exisitng on Earth. However for X-universe human colonization it's still too short to make such races appear (unless some artifical genetic modifications).

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 23:20

I hope we won't wait that time :lol:

Be aware that we jumped from 2d charters to fps-'alike' human forms:
Diversity will appear only if needed, I fear.

I propose "Guild of Navigators" race :o (purpose not available yet)
We already have the Sand-Worm (Granny) Only miss a shell around and some orange gaz in it...
:lol:
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Tue, 1. Dec 15, 23:59

mr.WHO wrote:@spankahontis:
Humans living on the space station would get more pale, not more dark.

However you have a good point as Argon Federation has a range of colonized planets with a diffrent distance to their sun. Most habitable planets would be at the same distance-to-star output ratio as too much difference would cause too extreme climate to make it suitable for colonization. However this would still work between planetary continents, just like on Earth.

However I'm not sure if 1'000 years would be enough to make a racial differentiation. You have to be aware that race is something more than a skin color - African without the sun will not shuddenly turn White and even heavily taned Asian will still be diffrent than Black.
There is even some diffrence between African Black and Australian Black as there is a noticable diffrence between Chinese and Japanese despite geographical proximity.

To make it even more interesting I read that plants would have different color depending on the star type (e.g. plants living under red dwarf would not be green, but blue and some type of the start would hypoteticaly even support black plants, but such stars are too short-living for eveolution to develop plants).
Evolution wise (after 10 or 20k years of living) I wouldn't be suprise to see new human races not exisitng on Earth. However for X-universe human colonization it's still too short to make such races appear (unless some artifical genetic modifications).

I meant that, more melanin would lead to darker skin tone, but yes Stations that aren't exposed to some kind of influence from the sun would be pale.
But for 2 Dark skinned Humans to produce offspring with paler skin would take 10's of thousands of years and the Lore of the X Universe is what? a couple thousand years?
Albion Prelude is only 40 years previous to Rebirth and it had dark skinned characters so the change wouldn't be noticeable until several generations later if we apply roughly a science to the explanation.

So there would still be darker skinned Humans in the current timeline of X:Rebirth; Omicron Lyrae also has a habitable World, 2, I think?
I would be in the Goldilocks ring and given the deserts which you can see when you enter Fallen Kingdom, they have high temperatures there.

Maybe the Diversity ratio per human for Omicron is higher than in Albion.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 13. Oct 16, 16:51

Sorry for digging this thread up, but I strongly believe that now would be the perfect time with another "Behind the scenes" update, don't you?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Thu, 13. Oct 16, 17:03

Sadly not in the position to show any behind the scenes stuff at the moment :(
I will post new stuff, when I can.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 13. Oct 16, 23:31

linolafett wrote:Sadly not in the position to show any behind the scenes stuff at the moment :(
Aww...

Luckily, I'm a real patient guy so take your time. ;)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 14. Oct 16, 04:17

linolafett wrote:Sadly not in the position to show any behind the scenes stuff at the moment :(
[rampantspeculation]Development on the next title must be pretty far along if the art team has switched commitment from XR to it.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”