X3:TC/AP Wireless keyboard with trackpad or joystick?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrFiction
x3ap

X3:TC/AP Wireless keyboard with trackpad or joystick?

Post by MrFiction » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 09:55

Been playing X3 AP for the last few months and I'm really glad with the gamepad support. It works really well 80% of the time with my wireless Xbox controller. However, every key on the keyboard has a function in an X game and often I still use the keyboard because the gamepad has too little buttons (sector zooming, factory placement, etc). So I'm looking for a solution where I can sit on the couch and play X3 without having to sacrifice too many keys.

Does anyone have any good exprience with wireless keyboards with trackpads or should I consider a more expensive joystick with more buttons? Wireless connectivity is definitely required as my PC is about 10 meters from my TV.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 10:44

most of the X games I've played with a keyboard + joystick.
to be honest, I bought the joystick for X only.
I'm never touching my mouse while playing.
there are so many commands in X that a keyboard is essential IMO.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 14:50

I used a trackball/heypad for X2.
worked well.

Maybe look for a wireless gaming keyboard.

some can be found under £100

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 16:28

Yeah, a keyboard with trackball might be OK, but I cannot imagine playing X games with a trackpad.

Wireless keyboards with trackpads are great for almost anything else (other than gaming).

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 16:44

Yeah a trackpad sounds bad, maybe I will use a wireless keyboard in combination with a wireless xbox controller. I think that should work fine.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”