(X3:TC) Laser towers next to pirate sectors bring peace?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ClastMalon
x3tc

(X3:TC) Laser towers next to pirate sectors bring peace?

Post by ClastMalon » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 15:07

In a nutshell, I placed 20 laser towers by the south gate of Solitas (an unowned sector with a pirate sector to the south), and rather than trigger a fight the pirates turned blue!

I'm using the Rebalanced mod, but don't think that has any effect.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 16:25

... so you must have Pirates set to friend in global commands and hence on your ships and towers - correct? Probably you also use 'Enemy if Enemy to Me' = Yes? In that case the red/blue just shows their *current* intentions towards you and not your intentions towards them.

If 'Enemy if Enemy to Me' = No then you may find that 'blue' pirates may attack your property first before they turn red and your defences fire at them.

By the way, when your relationship with pirates is borderline, scanning red pirate ships may cause some or all in sector to turn blue.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ClastMalon
x3tc

Post by ClastMalon » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 17:26

Got it set to "Enemy if Enemy to Me=yes" . As soon as I realised the pirates were blue I went to global commands and transmitted the Friend or Foe settings to all my ships, towers etc. : I think it might do that automatically but I wanted to be sure because there doesn't seem to be Friend or Foe setting for the individual laser towers like there are with ships. I didn't have to change anything at the top - just pressed the transmit to everything option.

Up until I placed those laser towers I was destroying pirate ships on a regular basis. Occasionally I would come across blue ones which were always their transports (I left them alone), but now their fighters are blue as well. I'd paid to hack a few pirate bases, but the ships coming out of them were still red and that was some time ago; not recently. I may have accepted some missions from pirate bases, but not many and not recently either. I'm not sure if the pirate sector I'm next to even has a base or not - not one I've discovered, but it's only partially scouted. Haven't been doing any cargo scanning except for the story missions.

I'm now friendly with everyone except Xenon and Kha'ak. I'm still relatively early-game (to give you a rough idea I'm in the process of kitting out my first M2), so this suits me just fine :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 23. Oct 14, 22:36

Just because you're friendly to them, doesn't mean they're friendly to you--pirates will still randomly attack you or your shipping no matter how friendly towards them you are.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”