AP: Enemy Cap ships and Combat Rank

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gersidi

AP: Enemy Cap ships and Combat Rank

Post by Gersidi » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 03:44

What combat level do you have to be before you see M1, m2+ spawn in assassination and kill missions?

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 04:45

I could encounter Akumas in a "Very Hard" mission at as early as Assassin rank..

your personal ship and any ships you have in the sector by the time you accepted the mission and your combat rank determines the strength and number of the spawned enemy..

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 08:41

I can confirm that M1s start showing up at Conqueror, I just reached that rank and they just started appearing. I don't know if the even higher ranks will spawn M2+, but consider: most combat missions involve Pirates, Yaki, or Xenon. Of those, only the Xenon have an M2+.
Black_hole_suN wrote: your personal ship and any ships you have in the sector by the time you accepted the mission and your combat rank determines the strength and number of the spawned enemy..
I think the game randomly chooses from a list of possible combinations depending on your fight rank and mission rating.
When I was at my previous ranking of Battlemaster, there were times when I reloaded (quite a bit) to re-accept a mission in order to get the optimal combination of ships, loot and location.
What I saw was that, if a mission was ranked hard enough to give you an M7, it could swap out the M7 for several M6s and/or M8s. Or it was one M2 for 3 M7s.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 09:10

Oh yeah.. that too..

You could have many M3 and 2 or three M6 in a very hard mission

or you could have 3 or 4 M4 and an M2 in the same mission while flying the same ship...

and I dont think M2+ will spawn in a mission regardless of your combat rank... I could be wrong though

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 6. Nov 14, 11:19

Black_hole_suN wrote:I dont think M2+ will spawn in a mission regardless of your combat rank... I could be wrong though
You are correct. Generic missions (Xenon) can spawn J's and K's. No I's.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”