Race ranks and notoriety

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Psirus
xr

Race ranks and notoriety

Post by Psirus » Fri, 7. Nov 14, 22:09

Hello everybody!

I may have missed this in the FAQ or in my forum search, but was is somewhere changed that you can no longer increase your faction ranks to 100% at rank 10?
It seems like my ranks increase normally up until the first vault over the rank 9 -> rank 10 line, then they don't increase at all with missions.
Am I missing something, or is there something wrong with my save (which would completely suck, being 13 days in......)

-Psi
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 7. Nov 14, 22:20

I think the rank spacing is exponential and that the last rank takes ten times as long as the previous rank to achieve.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Fri, 7. Nov 14, 23:10

It is, but I'm seeing no change once it gets to rank 10, regardless of how many "very hard" missions I take. If I cap one of their ships I can drop back down and then work up again, but as soon as I jump over the rank 10 line I get no more increases (not even a % or 2).
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 00:10

As I said I think that if you calculate the time it took to get from rank 9 base level to rank 10 base level then it is 100%of the time taken for that for each level at rank ten.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 00:15

As mentioned, one percent of rank between rank 9 and 10 is 900 points.

One percent of rank of rank 10 is 9,000 points. So you may have to do several missions in order to progress a single percentage point of rank 10.

Race Ranks FAQ

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 00:52

The following is tested for TC and presumably true for AP as well :

Mission reputation rewards are based on the next rank.
Once you reach rank 10, since there is no higher rank, you get no reputation reward at all (tested with the SE : 0 points).
You need to use other ways to reach 100% (ie destroying enemies, trading).
Right on commander !

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 03:51

Geek wrote:The following is tested for TC and presumably true for AP as well :

Once you reach rank 10, since there is no higher rank, you get no reputation reward at all (tested with the SE : 0 points).
That.

Also be aware that to reach rank 10 you need exactly 333,333 rep... from rank 10 0% to rank 10 100% it's 333,333 to 1,000,000. It takes 3 times more rep to go from rank 10 0% to 100% then it takes to to simply get to rank 10.

You can potentially hoard up a bunch of missions get to rank 10 and then finish them. But honestly fighting and trading is what you want.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Marabuer
x4

Post by Marabuer » Fri, 21. Nov 14, 10:34

Does that mean that you also don't loose reputation when you fail the mission? For example, when the Boron Thresher you should return mysteriously dissapears.

Marabuer
x4

Post by Marabuer » Fri, 21. Nov 14, 10:42

Does that mean that you also don't loose reputation when you fail the mission? For example, when the Boron Thresher you should return mysteriously dissapears.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 21. Nov 14, 12:04

No, you can still lose reputation if you do "bad" things to that race even at rank 10.
I got busted down from rank 10 constantly when I went around capturing CW ships. I'd capture one, work my way back to rank 10, then capture another.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 21. Nov 14, 13:33

Yes, the reputation itself does not freeze at rank 10.
You will just not get the mission rewards.
Right on commander !

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 00:48

Marabuer wrote:

Actually, you don't lose any rep for failing these particular missions once you reach level 10 with a race. You can freely steal all the 'return ship' mission ships you please with no consequences. Trust me, I've gotten away with stealing many hundreds of them. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”