Some strange but interesting engine behavior

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

astreus
xr

Some strange but interesting engine behavior

Post by astreus » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 19:04

(AP, no mods)
Sometimes, I recognise pirates standing close to a gate. Some a 0 speed, some idlle.
Sometime a group, sometime just one M3.

They do not attack other races ship and in most cases, they are not /rarely attacked by other races, maybe because it happens most in pirate sectors or in 'lonely' border sectors.

They stay at this spot over a very long time till - finally, they be attacked & killed.

But If my freighter arrive at the gate, they immediately attack it. Or if the player ship comes close, they awake and attack me.
Does this pirates wait for me? - spammed for me? :?

Sometimes I even believe they make a difference if it is a strong opponent (like my M2, M7) or just a weak freighter or similar (new claimed ship - no shields & slow). They definitely choose the easy prey.
Does they distinguish between my ship class?

I can't believe that the engine is so clever!
Because on the other hand, as an example, a few m4/m5 priates attack a argon M7/M1......which is just a waist of resources.
Or pirates travel straight ahead into a massive fleet, also they could escape in time using their radar(scanner)....

Does anyone made the same experience? :?:
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 20:06

A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”