Fix Bailable Ships not being aggressive when target of Assassination Mission

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RoverTX
x4

Fix Bailable Ships not being aggressive when target of Assassination Mission

Post by RoverTX » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 07:39

I am not sure if this is all versions, or if maybe I have some weird issue from what I think are unrelated mods, but any assassination mission that targets a ship where the pilot might bail, M3-M5 and M8, the lead ship will not attack, and just sits there. It also shows up as blue no matter how much I attack it if I don't have it's race set to enemy.

I finally fixed this behavior by changing the following line 418 of the unmodified X3 AP Director file 0.1 Assassinate 1.xml

FROM

Code: Select all

<set_actor_location actor="{param@Cue}.{param@ID} L0Mark" object="this.Target" location="pilot"/>
TO

Code: Select all

<set_actor_location actor="{param@Cue}.{param@ID} L0Mark" object="this.Target" location="crew"/>
And everything worked as intended.

For some reason my game was freaking out and the ship was stuck unmoving if the "{param@Cue}.{param@ID} L0Mark" and the "{param@Cue}.{param@ID} L0Target" where both the pilot at one point in a bailable ship.

Just thought I would post this in case someone else has run into this issue.

PS : I just realized that I think this is the same fix dillpickle uses to force people to have to actually kill the targets on bail. Behavior is the same as his mod.

For reference
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=324236

PS2: Nope not the same fix after looking at it, but the same effect of having to kill a bail, at least a forced bail. Though I think they would have the same results.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”