Litcube's Universe: Emergent Mission System

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

hanuland
x4

What happend to me?

Post by hanuland » Sat, 5. Dec 15, 16:56

Hello, there~

I just tring to EMS in LUV.

but, what is this message?

My graphics is AMD radeon R9 200!

Code: Select all

Warning!  Some triangles have zero area!
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
----
S GUI: LanguageID: 44
D MissionModule: onPlayerChangeSector()
D XPipeHandler: Send: System, 3
D NoObject: DynPat: EVENT_ON_SAVE_LOADED - null

When I press Hot key(EMS Action key), nothing~..

I never seen quest window~ what's wrong?

Someone help me! plz~

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 5. Dec 15, 17:23

It is safe to entirely ignore that console, the only reason i still appears is because if i disable it, it causes the game to crash sometimes - a glitch i was never quite able to pin down...

Anyway, The fact that your seeing all that information means the plugin is working, barring any strange errors in your savegame, just look around! Satellites will help. The EMS Hotkey is used in contest sensitive cases, when its available, you will know.
Is EMS still being developed? The last update was a year ago, yet there are upcoming missions listed. Will they ever come
I wont say for certain, i'm working on something for X right now, if that succeeds, EMS will see a major update... If progress goes well ill post an progress report in the near future.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 13:26

*big happy face*

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 01:21

Anything can be done for linux compatibility?

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 01:23

Anything can be done for linux compatibility? Installer installs some DLL for which game tells "Iron core error no dll found"; plus the installer replaces 10.cat & 10.dat, even if files exist.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 02:07

Why a seperate download?
Why is EMS a seperate download and not built into the LUV base package?

The other reason for separating EMS from the LU core download is that EMS currently only functions on windows versions of the game, this is due to how EMS renders its new UI - However, it may still function under Wine, tho this is untested.. This questionable multi-platform support is the main reason for the seperate download, in the future we hope to have a Linux native solution but that wont be for some time yet.

EMS uses cat 10, that probably should have been mentioned near the installer download... what are you using that also has CAT10? really its up to the user to deal with cat/dats, but ill add a warning to the installer when i update EMS next time...

EMS uses a DirectX overlay to function correctly, there is no linux version right now, this is not a quick fix. However, EMS will be receiving a major update in the future so ill look into it then.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 02:23

DirectX overlay, does that mean it will interact badly with things like OBS game capture for streaming? It does DirectX hooking. Willfe is streaming with EMS I think but unsure what streaming software he uses.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 02:27

really its up to the user to deal with cat/dats, but ill add a warning to the installer when i update EMS next time...
No, its not. Really, its not. You should not replace user files like... in any circumstances. Why don't installer use last_cat +1?
I use 10.cat/dat for one of LU mods (namely, the gate visual change). No big deal.. but this was a surprise still.

Also, whoops, didn't read this up, sorry. :(

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 02:28

memeics wrote:DirectX overlay, does that mean it will interact badly with things like OBS game capture for streaming? It does DirectX hooking. Willfe is streaming with EMS I think but unsure what streaming software he uses.
OBS works by post hooking the process after its been loaded, EMS works by insitu replacing the direct3d9.dll file within the games directly, effectively making the game load EMS's version of that DLL right as the game starts, this eliminates most capture software incompatibility issues because when things like OBS comes along, it re-hooks the process and actually hooks into EMS, not directly to the game.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 02:36

nekoexmachina wrote:
really its up to the user to deal with cat/dats, but ill add a warning to the installer when i update EMS next time...
No, its not. Really, its not. You should not replace user files like... in any circumstances. Why don't installer use last_cat +1?
I use 10.cat/dat for one of LU mods (namely, the gate visual change). No big deal.. but this was a surprise still.

Also, whoops, didn't read this up, sorry. :(
With respect, No. Yes there is an oversight in the installers validation and should require a free space for the cats, no, it is not up to the installer to fix your cat/dat issues. EMS's cat dat has to come after the GUI cat/dat, and should be before other cat dats... it must be 10, thats how it was designed, and thats all there is to it. Just like the GUI has to be 9, and the rest of LU has to be ... etc
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

nekoexmachina
x4

Post by nekoexmachina » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 02:44

it is not up to the installer to fix your cat/dat issues.
Well, whatever. I don't say installer should fix my issues.. Just say that it shouldn't create more issues :-)
No big deal, again, but I hope for a popup or something in next update :-)
With respect as well. :-)[/quote]

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 21:21

Hey come on now ! We have been waiting EMS 2.0 for years now and still nothing ! What, is Jack08 completely lazy or does he just not care for the community ?

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 21:24

??

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 21:25

Joubarbe wrote:Hey come on now ! We have been waiting EMS 2.0 for years now and still nothing ! What, is Jack08 completely lazy or does he just not care for the community ?
What about.. Love.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 21:30

Code: Select all

using LU.IntelliScript.Core;
using System.Attributes;
using System.Constants;
namespace EMS2;

[OnGameLoaded(Priority.Highest)]
void OnGameLoad()
{
    while(--LU.Internal.Jokes > 0)
    {
        System.Player.WriteLog("Barbie!");
    }
}
Last edited by Jack08 on Sat, 20. Feb 16, 22:53, edited 4 times in total.
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 21:30

Love is for people who still think that writing PMs to random people can solve their problems.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 13:14

Heya Jack08

Just checking if there is some progress, I really miss those emergant patrol missions back from XTL :)

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Fri, 30. Sep 16, 16:54

Hi,

I wondering a thing : how do I work for corporations like OTAS with EMS ? I haven't got any mission when flying around.

And does passenger or trade mission still available ?

Thanks !
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

lolhell98
x4

Post by lolhell98 » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 02:39

So EMS wont install as it cant find the exe
http://imgur.com/a/ltS0f
have i done something wrong cause its clearly there as u can see in the image

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 10:50

Rename your current X3AP NoSteam.exe from X3AP.exe to X3AP_n.exe and it should work. The reason for this that the old NoSteam.exe for version 3.0 of X3AP, for which this installer was written, was named X3AP_n.exe, while the current one is just named X3AP.exe.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”