Litcube's Universe: Emergent Mission System

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 21:30

Love is for people who still think that writing PMs to random people can solve their problems.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 13:14

Heya Jack08

Just checking if there is some progress, I really miss those emergant patrol missions back from XTL :)

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Fri, 30. Sep 16, 16:54

Hi,

I wondering a thing : how do I work for corporations like OTAS with EMS ? I haven't got any mission when flying around.

And does passenger or trade mission still available ?

Thanks !
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

lolhell98
x4

Post by lolhell98 » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 02:39

So EMS wont install as it cant find the exe
http://imgur.com/a/ltS0f
have i done something wrong cause its clearly there as u can see in the image

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 10:50

Rename your current X3AP NoSteam.exe from X3AP.exe to X3AP_n.exe and it should work. The reason for this that the old NoSteam.exe for version 3.0 of X3AP, for which this installer was written, was named X3AP_n.exe, while the current one is just named X3AP.exe.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 21:14

So, how do I uninstall just this mod? This isn't great for very early game.

Hariwulf
xr

Post by Hariwulf » Tue, 3. Apr 18, 14:43

I have GOG version.
I cannot install it.

EDIT: Renaming my GOG exe to "X3AP_n.exe" worked, it seems.
Still, it's quite a paradox.

Also, I still get a warning each time I launch the game "Incorrect version of EXE......". AND a window pop-up "DLL: loading this and that".

Anyway, I managed to get 1 mission so far, for 0 Cr. (!)
I play the Yaki start, the mission was offered by a Pirate transporter (SOS).
Hariwulf

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 3. Apr 18, 21:37

Some older installers looking for the presence of X3AP_n.exe to determine if you are pointing to a correct folder can be fooled simply by creating an empty file named X3AP_n.exe. Note that this is needed even for the Steam version because the no-Steam executable was renamed from X3AP_n.exe to X3AP.exe a while back.

The "Incorrect version of EXE" warning can be safely ignored for LU (also happens with the Steam version).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Hariwulf
xr

Post by Hariwulf » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 20:34

Okay, thanks! :)

Is EMS still being worked on?

I started Litcube with Yaki Ronin, and I had only 2 missions in 10 hours. The first was a SOS mission offered by a Pirate transporter for 0 cr, the second was a guy trying to sell me his salvaged ship for 1.000.000+cr over the Shipyard price.
In both cases I had a laugh, but the lack of missions (and then money) forced me to cheat-script some revenues, in way to progress.

The Yaki sector is entombed under Paranid core-areas, after those we have Argon space. I was surprised for the lack of content in such a hot area.

Can EMS be uninstalled safely? I am willing to give it another try, but only if I can "fix my save" should things go badly.

EDIT: Maybe EMS don't like Yaki or Pirate factions? Cos I am friend with both, and enemy with Paranid, Xenon etc
Hariwulf

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 23:35

Hariwulf wrote:Is EMS still being worked on?
Perhaps. Im not willing to say more then that at this time.
Hariwulf wrote:Can EMS be uninstalled safely? I am willing to give it another try, but only if I can "fix my save" should things go badly.
You can always most uninstall plugins for LU using the Export/Import feature. I am unsure of how the remnant scripts would react to the removal of EMS core files without E/I'ing.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Hariwulf
xr

Post by Hariwulf » Thu, 5. Apr 18, 20:03

Alright. Good luck! :)
Hariwulf

Hariwulf
xr

Post by Hariwulf » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 23:40

Okay, just dropping a second report.

I gave EMS another spin. At trade level 11 (I am more of a fighter than a trader myself) I bought a Mercury Super Freighter XL at 5% hull. I fixed it myself, and sold it. I DID lose money in the process.

This is very frustrating because at the beginning of the game, scavenging and buy/ sell ships is one of the very few ways to make money. You cannot fight invasions on your M5, you don't have capital to set traders (and trading as player is even more annoying than in Elite), therefore many players resort to this activity.
Now, EMS doesn't provide fighting "easy missions" for beginners sitting in a M5, and I already reported that at the beginning of the game EMS scams me regularly with Fighting missions for ZERO credits and used ships for a million higher price than the same ship/ loadout new from shipyard.

This single-handedly destroys any way of progress, and any activity sense of purpose. Doing missions to gather losses is not so fun, and I have no way to grow my company in way to face Litcube's challenges.

Lastly, it would be advisable to STATE in the download page that EMS will be installed over .cat and .dat nr 10. I really hope you guys will fix few variables because I'd like to keep trying EMS, but like this is simply not possible, at least for me.

EDIT: If you could lead me to the script in ScriptEditor which sets the price/ hull ratio of used ships, I could try to fiddle it myself.
I did took a look upon it, but so far I only spotted the script to launch the menu of the mission, not the profitability of the transaction (or maybe I'm blind, it's pretty late).
Thanks!
Hariwulf

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 11. Apr 18, 06:23

I have removed EMS pages from the wiki, In its current state its not really worth bothering with, and too much of the original Wiki articles that explained a lot of what really needs to be known to effectively use EMS were lost long ago when google code shut down.

There is another version of EMS in development, i can confirm that much, but i cant confirm when (or if) it will be released.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”