Let's Have A Plot For This

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

phantomrock2
x4

Let's Have A Plot For This

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 17:16

Is there someone here still around who worked with the Shady Business plot that would like to introduce a plot or some other way to either get the blueprint for the Vahalla without MODIFYING the game!

Or am I a little too late to come around asking for this.

Some requirements for this would or could be:

1. Terran Commander or a Terran or Aldran Adv scenario start
2. At lease 95% Terran Race Rank
3. X-Treme or one fight rank lower than X-Treme
4. Terran Player HQ of course

Can someone please contact
[" thank you "]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Let's Have A Plot For This

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 18:16

phantomrock2 wrote:plot or some other way to either get the blueprint for the Vahalla without MODIFYING the game!
Can't be done without modifying the game. What you are asking for is clearly an addon.
  • (Unless EgoSoft releases a new version of AP, which seems unlikely anytime soon.)

Why not just board a Valhalla? That is what it is there for.

phantomrock2
x4

No no

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 19:01

I do not wish to board a starcraft of the folks I am league with

I am talking about the X3 community who can give me insight on such plot
[" thank you "]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: No no

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 19:04

phantomrock2 wrote:I am talking about the X3 community who can give me insight on such plot
So am I.

It would be an addon. A mod or script. That is what mods are for: they modify your game.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 20:46

If you decide that you do want to play a modified game, then there may already be a plot that does what you want. Here are a few that add ATF ships (not sure whether they specifically add Valhalla but they could be easily extended to do so):

ATF Outpost (TC)

Terran Conflict plots for Albion Prelude (dillpickle) (Includes ATF Outpost for AP)

ATF Shipyard is a plot listed as part of the Terran Revitalization Project

I have played ATF Outpost and thought it was a lot of fun.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Mon, 24. Nov 14, 00:41, edited 2 times in total.

zanzal
x3tc

Post by zanzal » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 21:16

phantomrock2 wrote:I do not wish to board a starcraft of the folks I am league with
Your mission should you choose to accept it: Take your allies stuff then make nice grinding missions - it is a classic plot where you get the reward up front then they pay you cash to win back your allegiance. Unfortunately, guidance will be disabled for this one so you'll have to figure out the details. [Vanilla Safe]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Nov 14, 21:19

zanzal wrote: Unfortunately, guidance will be disabled for this one so you'll have to figure out the details. [Vanilla Safe]
LOL. +1

EDIT: @phantomrock: Seriously, though, one of the above MD plots could be easily modified to add your Valhalla if they do not already do so. Certainly you would have earned one as a reward after playing ATF Outpost.

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 24. Nov 14, 11:25

oh boy
[" thank you "]

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 1. Dec 14, 03:55

I can't tell what "oh boy" means in this context, but I did stumble on a simple solution for you.

Amurph0's old version 3 of ATF Shipyard converts the redundant shipyard at the Moon into an ATF shipyard that sells all of the ATF ships (including Valhalla).
  • (Newer versions of ATF Shipyard modify TFactories, which can conflict with other mods. But v3 will not conflict with anything.)
  • (It will still modify your game, of course.)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”