Frequent (nearly certain) lockups when using Turbo - fixed by map turbo to keyboard.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jumpp
x3ap

Frequent (nearly certain) lockups when using Turbo - fixed by map turbo to keyboard.

Post by Jumpp » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 03:39

I've got a Springblossom with turbo boost. Using the turbo almost always results in a prompt freeze/crash of the X3AP app. Is this a known/common problem, and if so are there any workarounds apart from simply not using the turbo?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 04:29

Do you start the turbo booster from a key on your keyboard? Or from another controller?

There is a known issue relating to non-keyboard controllers and buttons that either "bounce" or fire too quickly. I have only seen it with the hat switch on a joystick, but other non-keyboard devices could do it.

Jumpp
x3ap

Post by Jumpp » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 21:30

I mapped it to a button on my flight stick. Will try it with keyboard instead. Thanks! That's exactly the thread I needed, and failed to find on my own. Very helpful. Five stars. Would ask again.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 07:37

It will also do the same thing if you bind it to usb mouse extra keys. And not just boosters I can also almost guarantee crashing if you map turn on/off turrets to mouse, so I would imagine you would get similar unpleasant result with any other non-keyboard devise. There are some other heavily scripted commands that will do the same but they aren't really the kind you would put on controller so not that bad.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”