X3 Terran Conflict, Wow! But there is so much to learn...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Madmaxneo
x3tc

X3 Terran Conflict, Wow! But there is so much to learn...

Post by Madmaxneo » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 05:04

This is a beautiful game, even years after it's initial release. Major kudos to the developers. The ships and the stations are simply amazing. I can only imagine what it would be like if they did something like this for any of the major Space Opera settings like Star Wars and Star Trek.
My only issue is, and it is "my issue", I don't have the time to sit and really play this game and enjoy it like I want to. It takes a lot of time to do anything, which isn't bad, just difficult for someone like me to spend time on.

Is there a decent tutorial somewhere that can help with things like trading, bartering, and building my own Galactic Empire?

Bruce

Timsup2nothin

Re: X3 Terran Conflict, Wow! But there is so much to learn...

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 05:24

Madmaxneo wrote:This is a beautiful game, even years after it's initial release. Major kudos to the developers. The ships and the stations are simply amazing. I can only imagine what it would be like if they did something like this for any of the major Space Opera settings like Star Wars and Star Trek.
My only issue is, and it is "my issue", I don't have the time to sit and really play this game and enjoy it like I want to. It takes a lot of time to do anything, which isn't bad, just difficult for someone like me to spend time on.

Is there a decent tutorial somewhere that can help with things like trading, bartering, and building my own Galactic Empire?

Bruce
Play through the Terran plot, looking for specific guides to learn the specific things that you need to know to accomplish each mission. The Terran plot starts automatically if you choose the Terran defender start, and it will at least introduce you to all the major components of playing the game...one by one so that you can study up with a degree of focus that will keep it from being overwhelming.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 06:14

Everything in X games can be self-taught. There are just many simple commands. The in-game key mapping editors were tutorials for me.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”