[AP] If u RE an overtuned ship, will its upgrades carry on the blueprint?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Etheron
x3

[AP] If u RE an overtuned ship, will its upgrades carry on the blueprint?

Post by Etheron » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 07:19

In Vanilla AP, if I reverse engineer, say, an overtuned Hyperion Vanguard (regardless of whehter it is overtuned via pandora crates or via poisoned paranid start), will all of its improvements be refelected on the resulting blueprint? I know wahtever ship I RE wil be gone forever, but was wondering if the blueperint i get in return has the exact same specs of the one I RE'd.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Thu, 27. Nov 14, 07:33

No.

What you get from reverse engineering is the base ship. Ship has no equipment aside from default pre-installed things that you can't remove same for weapons and shields. All statistics are as they are on the base for each specific ship. So if you RE arrow you will get arrow at its base not upgraded speed, steering and acceleration. Obviously if it's nova vanguard, raider, prototype etc they will have different base stats because ships are technically different even if the difference is some miniscule speed variation etc.

Overtuned ships have parameters outside their normal range. If you go to EQ dock and check engine upgrade you will see negative value, buying said upgrade will simply remove any "overage".

Anyhow... blueprints make base ships with no equipment or upgrades.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”