How to deal with all these pirates?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MacDan
x4

How to deal with all these pirates?

Post by MacDan » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 03:20

Hey there,

finally decided to make my playthrough of X3 all parts. So I started with Reunion and spent the first couple of hours of building up several Universe Traders for some yummy afk income. I did the first couple of story missions including retrieving the Crystal.

Now Im stuck on the Mission to find Thomus in Freedoms Reach. First I tried the closest way to get there from Argon Prime, but it was fast dead like everywhere. So I decided to go through Teladi space and get to Freedoms Reach from the East side. After a huge skip turn from a large Xenon Group I made it already to Dannas Chance.

But there are also pirates like everywhere. Im sitting in my Buster for some good speed and small pew for single ships. But when there are more than 2 Ships in these groups I'm screwed.

What am I supposed to do? Buying 100 Ships and make them Following me and Protect me? Or just get a big ship and hope the best? Whats the way to do this? What was the plan of the devs to achieve this story goal?

best regards
MacDan

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: How to deal with all these pirates?

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 07:09

MacDan wrote:What am I supposed to do? Buying 100 Ships and make them Following me and Protect me? Or just get a big ship and hope the best?
Both sound impractical early in the game.

How about a faster ship? (and skip the pew pew)

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 11:45

The answer is simple : do not rush the plot.

Sooner or later you will want a better combat ship anyway, so you would better start working towards that goal.
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”