My HQ sector defense force for Ap!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gersidi

My HQ sector defense force for Ap!

Post by Gersidi » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 17:38

OOS oriented, having a hard time deciding to use a balanced approach with a carrier, fighters, corvettes and destroyers, or.... Just saying screw it and toss in the 40 or so fully loaded Tyrs I have doing nothing.

Opinions!?

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Re: My HQ sector defense force for Ap!

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 18:14

Gersidi wrote:OOS oriented, having a hard time deciding to use a balanced approach with a carrier, fighters, corvettes and destroyers, or.... Just saying screw it and toss in the 40 or so fully loaded Tyrs I have doing nothing.

Opinions!?
Since credit is not a problem, I'd stick with M2s with 6 or 7 X 2Gs shielding only. Fighters and corvettes, are you serious?
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Gersidi

Post by Gersidi » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 18:38

For balance 8)

Guess I'll stick with the dozens of Tyrs idea. I churn out 64 psps and 48 sscs per 10 hrs, not like its killing me anymore. If I put more m2s than the enemy brings fighters surely I should do OK!

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 21:33

Gersidi wrote:For balance 8)
Balance of what? You lose many ships to the AI in every battle, so the game is more balanced?
Gersidi wrote:If I put more m2s than the enemy brings fighters surely I should do OK!
What did you try to say?
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Gersidi

Post by Gersidi » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 22:50

Lone Jedi wrote:
Gersidi wrote:For balance 8)
Balance of what? You lose many ships to the AI in every battle, so the game is more balanced?
Gersidi wrote:If I put more m2s than the enemy brings fighters surely I should do OK!
What did you try to say?
Balanced... A more balanced, I.e varied fleet?

And I was trying to say, if I brought 40 TYRs to a fight against 39 NPC m3s, surely I'd win that battle? Not sure if your trolling

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Wed, 10. Dec 14, 01:54

What they are trying to say is even 1 m2 should tear straight through a whole bunch of fights no problem OOS
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Wed, 10. Dec 14, 19:34

Put satellite near each gate and put triple Valhalla with defend position on it. Problem solved. There is nothing that will ever get in.

Fighters OOS defense? Maybe it could happen in X3:R... but not in AP. Just no.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”