X3: Reunion with xpadder and XBOX 360 wireless controller not working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Dopeboii

X3: Reunion with xpadder and XBOX 360 wireless controller not working

Post by Dopeboii » Thu, 11. Dec 14, 00:04

I've recently installed X3: Reunion with the hope of playing it with my xbox controller. When I first tried doing so the experience was kinda lacking (ie: no right stick). So I decided to try out XBCD. Wouldn't work because I didn't had the wired version of the controller. After that I tried the x360wc or something (http://x360wc.tripod.com/index.html), unfortunately, didn't work either.

After that I tried xpadder, and hooray! Something started working. I succesfully mapped keys to my controller with advanced functions like holding buttons down, etc. The only problem is that, it wont work in X3.

When I start up X3 and get that little screen before the actual game, I can see that my xbox controller is registered in the input screen (which is bad, since i basically remapped all buttons on my controller). So I tried unplugging it and then replugging it AFTER the game started, to see if that might fix it. Didn't work either. I can see xpadder registering my moves and such. I tried moving my mouse around with my controller in windows, worked as well. I tried playing BF: BC2, and it registered my moves as well.

I'm currently using Windows 7 (x64) with X3: Reunion on the XP version pack 2 compability setting (which is a fix for the static noise. I actually tried just running it without the comp turned on/off, still didn't work.)

I also tried enabling/disabling XInput in the xpadder settings. Didn't work either.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

TL;DR: Tried using XBCD, didn't work, tried using other the wireless driver mentioned on this forum, didn't work. Tried using xpadder, works in windows and various games except for X3: Reunion (just doesn't register my moves).

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry! Forgot to include a screenshot of the mapping and such, might be handy for whatever reason.

http://puu.sh/dpvR8/de3934fc15.png

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”